Key performance specifications
- High optical output power: +13 dBm
- Wavelength Stability: +/- 0.002 nm
- Fine-tuning range: +/- 850 pm
- Power stability: 0.003 dB
- Built-in digital modulation enables applications like time-domain extinction testing of EDFA noise figure.
- Built-in coherence control
- Built-in isolator
The Keysight 81663A Distributed Feedback Laser Sources are part of the Keysight Lightwave Solution Platform, and best suited for amplifier test and WDM system test applications. Keysight covers PON and common WDM wavelengths with its 81663A Distributed Feedback (DFB) laser source modules.
|Center Wavelength||1310, 1490, 1510, 1550, 1625 nm
(Options 131, 149, 151, 155, 162)
|Maximum output power||> +13 dBm (20 mW)|
|Wavelength stability (24 h)||±5 pm|
|Power stability (24 h)||±0.01 dB|
- High optical output power offers the flexibility in test environment and enables test and characterization of nonlinear effects which the customer could not do so far.
- The precise tunability allows to shift the center wavelength by one DWDM transmission channel to the adjacent channel in dense WDM systems.
- The coherence control allows to change the linewidth of the laser to avoid problems with stimulated Brillouin scattering, and effects generated by unwanted cavities.
- The built-in digital modulation enables applications like time-domain extinction testing of EDFA noise figure.
- The built-in isolator ensures laser stability, even when reflections are present in the optical path.
Learn more about Keysight Optical Laser Source Products
Interested in a 81663A?
Extend The Capabilities For Your Distributed Feedback Laser Source
Data Sheets 2017.11.30
81663A DFB Laser, 8165xA Fabry-Perot Laser
User Manuals 2016.12.31
81663A DFB Laser Source Modules Users Guide
Programming Guides 2016.05.31
8163A/B, 8164A/B, 8166A/B Programming Guide
Lightwave Catalog: Test & Measurement Networks and Data Centers
User Manuals 2016.05.31
8163A/B, 8164A/B, and 8166A/B Users Guide