Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel Data Acquisition Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test
- Network Security + Visibility
- Additional Products
- KeysightCare Service and Support
- KeysightAccess Service
- Calibration Services
- Repair Services
- Technology Refresh Services
- Test as a Service (TaaS)
- Test Asset Management and Optimization
- Network/Security Services
- Consulting Services
- Financial Services
- Education Services
- Keysight Support Portal
- Used Equipment
- All Services
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Success Stories
PathWave EM Design 2020: Fast & Accurate 3D EM Simulation, adds the following new and improved capabilities:
Finite Element Method (FEM)
- Increased robustness in the mesher and Adaptive Frequency Sweep (AFS)
- Added support of temperature dependency for the conductors
PathWave EM Design Platform
- Upgrade of the sketcher’s behavior when using constraints
- Improvements in computations of radiated power, gain and efficiency
- Enhancements in import HFSS designs and support for a3dcomp
- Various improvements in the Python API
PathWave EM Design 2020 continues to be a leading 3D electromagnetic modeling and simulation environment, which is also integrated with the PathWave Advanced Design System (ADS) 2020 design flow. This latest release offers some new capabilities to reduce simulation time (FEM performance improvements, easier to use Python scripting, adaptive meshing) and increase design efficiency (improved parameterization, FEM native field visualization).
- The ambient temperature and temperature dependency of conductors materials are now taken into account.
- The meshing algorithm has been dramatically improved.
- The adaptive frequency sweep (AFS) has been enhanced to fit the simulated data.
- An issue has been fixed in the computation of radiated power, gain and efficiency.
- An issue has been fixed in the field visualization when changing the Excitation type from 'Multiple Excitation' to 'Single Excitation'. The field values are correctly updating now.
- The mapping of port distribution lines to mesh elements in FEM is now more robust.
- A FEM distributed simulation launched by a Simulation Service running on a Windows host is now more stable.
PathWave EM Design Platform
- To ease the creation of parameterized objects during sketching, the default solve mode for the constraint manager is now the XY plane.
- The import HFSS (.aedt/.a3dcomp + .sat) has been improved.
- The 'python_scripts/demo/commandline/run_simulation.py' script that demonstrates how you can create and run a new simulation from command line has been updated to support parameter sweeps.
PathWave EM Design requires:
- The version 2018.04 of the Keysight EDA licensing software.
- A minimum code-word version 2018.04 or above.
- The licensing server software, lmgrd and agileesofd, to be upgraded to at least the same versions as what are included in Keysight EDA Licensing software 2018.04. PathWave EM Design will not start if any of these requirements are not met. Refer to the License Codeword Version Compatibility Table.
Looking for more?
Looking for another version? View other EMPro Product Versions.