Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel DAQ Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter / Device Analyzers and Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources, and Power Supplies
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test and Security
- Network Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
Digital Multimeter 34461A vs 34401A
The 34401A digital multimeter (DMM) is the industry standard. Its accuracy, ease of use, and flexibility have attracted users for more than two decades and its low cost of ownership and high quality have helped it to be one of the most successful products in the history of Keysight Technologies, Inc. Many engineers do not even evaluate other DMMs when they want to order one; they know the 34401A will work for them. It is an essential meter for bench and automated test applications.
The 34461A DMM is the next-generation 34401A. This new DMM was designed by the same group as the 34401A, with many of the same R&D engineers participating. With this continuity of experience and expertise, Keysight has made a DMM that is a virtual drop-in replacement for the 34401A and offers improved usability and measurement technology. The Truevolt Series DMM’s graphic capabilities such as trend and histogram charts offer more insights quickly.
Table of Contents:
- Physical differences
- Key measurement differences
- Key programming differences
- 34461A Truevolt Digital Multimeters
There are many factors to keep in mind when you want to replace reliable instruments such as the 34401A. Here are just some of the areas where the 34461A is equivalent to the 34401A.
- Functions and ranges: The 34461A is a superset of the 34401A capability. Differences are listed below.
- Measurement accuracy and resolution: The 34461A’s specifications and typical characteristics are as accurate or better than those of the 34401A. See Table 1. All specifications are ISO17025 compliant.
- SCPI compatibility: We have taken extra care to ensure that the 34461A will work with SCPI programs that were written for the Keysight 34401A. Programming considerations and differences are listed below.
- Mechanical size: Height and width dimensions are the same.
- Accessories: Rack mount kits and probe accessories are compatible with both products.
- Manufacturing: Both DMMs are produced to the same rigorous quality standards and manufacturing process controls.
- Service and support from Keysight: Our international team is available to help you calibrate your DMM or answer any questions about either instrument.