What are you looking for?
5G R&D Test Bed, Reference Solution
Keysight’s 5G R&D Test Bed leverages Keysight’s VXG Microwave Signal Generator and UXA Series Signal Analyzer to validate the performance of 5G NR base stations (gNBs) according to the latest 3GPP 38.141 standards. This flexible solution for waveform generation and analysis offers:
- Wide 2 GHz bandwidth for 5G NR multi-component carrier waveform generation
- Excellent measurement system performance for 3GPP compliant 5G NR 256 QAM modulation schemes down to 1% EVM @28 GHz
- 5G NR band coverage of up to 44 GHz in FR2
This 5G R&D Test Bed supports Keysight’s industry-leading UXR Series Infiniium 110 GHz Real-Time Oscilloscope for direct analysis of complex 5G NR waveforms in the time domain.
It can be optionally configured using Keysight’s UXA series 110 GHz analyzer for 5G NR waveform analysis in the frequency domain. Coupled with Keysight’s N7631C Signal Studio Pro signal generation software and 89600 VSA demodulation software and Keysight’s KS8000A Test Automation Platform, this 5G R&D Test Bed provides powerful analysis and deep insights into the Over-The-Air (OTA) performance of your 5G NR gNB, MIMO phased array antennas and beamforming mmWave antenna arrays.
- Generate and analyze 3GPP 5G New Radio, pre-5G (5GTF), and custom OFDMA waveforms
- High-performance configurations for R&D and Design Validation, and cost-effective solutions for Manufacturing
- Metrology grade, industry-validated reference solution for debugging and troubleshooting
- Factory calibrated to front panel connector at all frequencies, amplitudes, and bandwidths. Typical 1% EVM in 1 GHz bandwidth at 28 GHz
- Generate phase-coherent, 2-channel, 2 GHz BW signals up to 44 GHz
- Analyze phase-coherent, 4-channel, 110 GHz BW signals from DC to 110 GHz
Measurement applications and software
- N7631C Signal Studio Pro for 5G NR to create sub-6GHz and mmWave 3GPP compliant waveforms
- 89600 VSA software to demodulate 5G NR, pre-5G waveforms (option BHN), custom IQ (BHK), and custom OFDM (BHF) waveforms
- Import test-fixture S-parameters into generator or analyzer to move calibration plane from test equipment to device under test
- KS8000A Test Automation Platform allows quick creation of automated test harnesses, for rapid design validation
- SystemVue W1907BP Electronic System Level (ESL) design software to evaluate system-level 5G NR performance, including beamforming and propagation, with links to Keysight 5G R&D and DVT Test Bed and mmWave Test Beds
- 5G R&D Test Bed using Keysight’s UXA signal analyzer configuration for signal analysis up to 44 GHz
- 5G R&D Test Bed with UXR Infiniium Oscilloscope for multi-channel analysis up to 44 GHz
- Emerging mmWave Test Bed for generation and analysis of mmWave signals between 50 GHz – 110 GHz with bandwidths > 5 GHz
This configuration is designed for signal creation with one or two channels, bandwidths up to 2 GHz, and frequency coverage up to 44 GHz for a variety of applications including creating wanted and interfering signals and creating 2x2 MIMO signals in a single platform. Additionally, a spectrum analyzer enables demodulation of signals up to 1 GHz in BW and traditional swept-tuned analysis of in-band and out-of-band spurious emissions with frequency coverage up to 50 GHz.
Note: the spectrum analyzer can also be ordered in models with frequency coverage up to 110 GHz to meet the 3GPP 5G NR 60 GHz spurious emissions requirements in Frequency Range 2 (FR2).
This configuration is designed for creating RF signals between 50 GHz and 110 GHz with bandwidths up to ~10 GHz, traditional swept-tuned measurements from 3 Hz to 110 GHz, and multi-channel demodulation of signals from DC to 110 GHz.
This configuration uses the same source in the traditional configuration but replaces the spectrum analyzer with a high-performance oscilloscope for performing up to 4-channel time-aligned phase-coherent measurements with frequency and bandwidth coverage up to 110 GHz. The ultra-high 256 GHz sample rate combined with 10-bit vertical resolution enables demodulation fidelity comparable to traditional spectrum analyzers. This configuration enables 4x4 MIMO analysis or phase-coherent measurements of devices under tests like phased array antenna systems where evaluating performance between individual antenna elements with real-world modulated signals is important in revealing true device performance and characteristics.
Note: this configuration can also be ordered with a traditional spectrum analyzer for performing traditional swept-tuned measurements like in-band and out-of-band spurious emissions.
Extend the capabilities for your 5G R&D Test Bed
Featured Resources for the 5G R&D Test Bed
Application Notes 2018.10.07
Solutions for Design and Evaluation of 5G Candidate Waveforms
Case Studies 2022.10.25
Antenna Module Manufacturer Accelerates 5G mmWave Development by More than 50%
White Papers 2017.11.30
5G Coexistence Using a Flexible Hardware/Software Testbed
5G Waveform Generation & Analysis Test Bed Reference Solution
White Papers 2023.03.05
How 5G Will Influence Autonomous Driving Systems
Article Reprints 2016.11.29
Testing 5G: Time to Throw Away the Cables Microwave Journal
White Papers 2017.11.30
Applying a Wide-Bandwidth mmWave Testbed to Power Amplifier DPD
View All Resources
N9040BM UXA In-band 5G NR/MIMO OTA Testing up to 50 GHz
N9040BP 5G NR FR1, FR2 Device Radio Conformance Test, 50 GHz
N9040B UXA Signal Analyzer