Keysight’s PROPSIM 5G Channel Emulation Solution enables device, chipset and network equipment manufacturers to conduct full stack end-to-end protocol signaling and RF performance testing of real base stations, chipsets and devices across sub-6 GHz and mmWave frequencies under uncompromised, coherent real-world complex 3D propagation channels.
5G introduces new advanced technologies, including wider signal bandwidths, mmWave frequencies and massive MIMO with hybrid beamforming. To address associated complexities, Keysight was the first to market with a 5G NR channel emulation solution, supporting the widest signal bandwidth and highest number of fading channels.
PROPSIM 5G Channel Emulation Solution is designed for end-to-end realistic and repeatable real-world performance testing in the lab. The solution addresses all 5G NR key technical requirements, including:
- Signal bandwidths up to 400MHz
- Continuous carrier aggregation (CA) schemes up to 1.2GHz
- Non-contiguous CA schemes up to 16CC
- Massive MIMO using radio channel models defined in TR38.901 for both conducted and over-the-air (OTA) testing, across sub-6GHz and mmWave frequencies
The solution supports a wide range of deployment scenarios:
- 5G NR non-standalone (NSA) mode (using LTE as an anchor cell)
- 5G NR standalone (SA) mode
- Coexistence scenarios – 5G NR together with 3G and/or 2G cells
- Wi-Fi offloading scenarios
- 802.11ax capable access points and devices up 7.2GHz band
Extend Your PROPSIM 5G Channel EMulation Solution
By combining the PROPSIM Channel Emulator with Keysight's E7770A Common Interface Unit and Keysight’s remote radio head (M1740A mmWave Transceiver for 5G), the solution extends to also address frequencies in 6-12GHz and mmWave 24/28/37/44GHz bands. Users can validate device and base station performance over-the-air (OTA) with multi OTA probe chambers designed for test cases across the device and base station workflow.
PROPSIM 5G RF fader platform seamlessly integrates with Keysight’s 5G Network Emulation Solution portfolio to coherently emulate complex fading test scenarios with protocol signaling for complete end-to-end device performance testing in sub 6GHz and mmWave bands.
- Massive MIMO Interoperability & Performance Testing
- Device MIMO Over-the-Air Testing
- mmWave Interoperability & Performance Testing
- mmWave Device Multi-beam MIMO Over-the-Air Testing
GCM Channel Studio
Keysight’s F9860A GCM Channel Studio harvests the powerful PROPSIM platform by enabling the customers to create complex channel models and test scenarios. It simplifies the creation of multi-link test scenarios for wireless testing and special radio systems testing. The GCM tool supports user-defined 3D spatial scenarios and dynamic modeling of movement for 5G testing:
- UMi, UMa, O2I and I2O
- CDL and TDL
The F9860A GCM Channel Studio supports importing 3D antenna models. It offers 3GPP-defined channel models to test V2X safety applications as well as for on board Wi-Fi and cellular connection. In addition, device-to-device topologies are supported. The F9860A GCM Channel Studio provides an interface to import data, which allows advanced users to bring test scenarios from external simulation tools.
Data Sheets 2020.03.11
PROPSIM FS16 RF Channel Emulator F8820A
Data Sheets 2021.06.02
PROPSIM F64 Radio Channel Emulator F8800A
Solution Briefs 2020.06.14
PROPSIM FS16 5G Channel Emulation Solution
View All Resources
M1740A mmWave Transceiver for 5G
E7770A Common Interface Unit
PROPSIM FS16 RF Channel Emulator