Confirm Your Country or Area
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel Data Acquisition Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test
- Network Security + Visibility
- Additional Products
- KeysightCare Service and Support
- KeysightAccess Service
- Calibration Services
- Repair Services
- Technology Refresh Services
- Test as a Service (TaaS)
- Test Asset Management and Optimization
- Network/Security Services
- Consulting Services
- Financial Services
- Education Services
- Keysight Support Portal
- Used Equipment
- All Services
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Overview and Features
- Post-Purchase Upgrades
- Supporting 5G NR physical layer channels and signals reference DSP models for:
- 3GPP TS 38.211 Physical Channels and Modulation
- 3GPP TS 38.212 Multiplexing and Channel Coding
- 3D MIMO channel based on 3GPP TR 38.901 V14.0.0 (2017-03), Release 14
- First Over-the-Air (OTA) simulation for 5G NR mmWave
- Multi-antenna system architectures, including baseband, RF and hybrid beamforming structures. 3GPP TR38.901 3D channel model, supporting 0.5 GHz - 100 GHz channel characteristics
- Link level performance evaluation by incorporating user antenna element pattern as well as beam pattern files from EMPro/HFSS/CST into simulation
- 3D visualization to identify and address problem areas that improve system performance at an early stage of design
The W1906EP 5G Baseband Verification Library provides trusted reference algorithmic modeling IP and a new, innovative simulation methodology that can be added to the SystemVue software platform. Today, reference models support the 3GPP release-15 standard. Consisting of signal processing building blocks, subsystems, reference multi-antenna system modeling examples, and infrastructure components, the library allows system architects to execute realistic technical research and easily evaluate your 5G communication system design.
Figure 1. The W1906EP provides ready-to-use 5G reference baseband models and multi-antenna signal processing blocks to enable full link-level studies. 5G NR end-to-end physical layer transmit and receive simulation models with mmWave beamforming and 3GPP channel model (0.5 GHz - 100 GHz).
What are Customers Saying?
- “The 3GPP channel model in 5G library and MATLAB integration in SystemVue platform is quite useful to validate a mmWave RF system. My project is now moving to 3GPP release 15 (first 5G standard) and we created a new waveform internally. To validate the new RF system architecture, I use this waveform and pass through my RF transceiver with applying various hardware impairments. Then again, it’s output signal distorted again with the mmWave channel model. Finally, this signal quality evaluated using reference receiver and SystemVue’s EVM/Throughput analysis parts. Various RF behavioral model is really useful. The 5G new radio taking fast track and I’m looking forward to have a relevant simulation environment and analysis capability in time.”
- “Dynamic update of phase/amplitude value for the beamforming, feedback loop of UE control plane report capability in SystemVue aligned with Keysight R&D teams support made me quickly model various diversity transmission and reception algorithms. That was not possible in my MATLAB code based simulation environment before. It looks the Verizon 5G specification implemented in good shape but the beta code was provided too late considering our project time line. The 5G NR first draft will be available end of the year. So, I’d like to cross validate my baseband IP with SystemVue 5G library comparing pre-defined test vectors in right market window.”
- “5G reference baseband IP is really useful product for the cell phone manufacturer. We get baseband modem from chipset vendor rather than develop ourselves. Therefore, many times of design review meeting is conducted with the vendor. This 5G library make me create a communication link model independently and help me decide a right system specification and request a clear requirements to the vendors.”
- “While we are designing mmWave phase array antenna and using EM simulation tool, we didn’t have a system level simulation tool that can validate overall link level system performance combining all handset building blocks including baseband DSP, RFIC and antenna before. The SystemVue allows me to use the antenna pattern developed by our antenna team into my system modeling and evaluate lots of effect from antennas. Finally, we could make a final selection out of multiple antenna topology and design candidates.”
Watch These Videos and Try It Today!
These “How To” videos show how the W1906EP 5G library can be applied to 5G system architecture investigations
- How to Understand 5G: mmWave Beamforming
- How to Understand 5G: Waveforms
- How to Understand 5G: Beamforming
The videos also provide free links to download the example workspaces shown in the demonstrations, so that you can start evaluating the new 5G system requirements today!
The W1906EP 5G Baseband Verification Library can be added to any SystemVue environment.
- W1461 SystemVue Comms Architect
- W1462 SystemVue FPGA Architect
- W1464 SystemVue RF Architect
- W1465 SystemVue System Architect
The W1906EP 5G library is included in the W1907BP 5G Forward Baseband Verification Bundle, together with other 2G, 3G, 4G, and MIMO Channel libraries, to help you transition to the emerging 5G standard.
The W1906EP 5G library includes the W1720 Phased Array Beamforming Kit, which offers deeper SystemVue platform support for modelling phased arrays and dynamic beamforming systems.