Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm Your Country or Area
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel DAQ Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test
- Network Security + Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Overview and Features
- Post-Purchase Upgrades
- RF (Spectrasys) arrays – replaces ad hoc spreadsheets with nonlinear RF analysis for N-element arrays used in RF beamforming, with multiple levels of splitters/combiners, gain/phase states, and impairments from nonlinear, mismatch, and noise effects.
- Dataflow arrays – Define RF, Digital, and Hybrid beamforming topologies, and using dynamic beamsteering algorithms to stimulate large order 3-dimensional phased arrays.
- RF Link – Connect your RF manifold directly to the system level, and see the effect of your nonlinear T/R module using format-true signaling and active TX/RX reference designs. Directly validate RF architect in terms of actual system performance metrics using realistic 5G, Radar/EW, or Satellite signals with active modulation, coding, and adaptive equalization and filtering.
- Beam measurements and visualization – Direct measurements of beamwidth, boresight direction, sidelobe levels, nulls, and aggregate quantities such as directivity, G/T, and effective radiated power.
- System-level scenarios – Don’t just make beams; use them in active, system-simulation scenarios in 5G, Radar/EW, and Satellite communications.
The W1720 Phased Array Beamforming Kit provides system architects in 5G, Radar/EW, and Satellite communications with the essential tools to evaluate phased array and beamforming subsystems, including RF, Digital, and Hybrid beamforming architectures. Consider RF nonlinear & noise effects, Gain/Phase quantization, and Monte Carlo variations effects on total beam quality, sidelobe levels, and effective radiated power. Also supports dynamic system-level scenarios with algorithms for adaptive beamforming.
Because SystemVue includes MATLAB Script and supports baseband algorithm modeling in C++, SystemC, and VHDL/Verilog, SystemVue is an ideal platform to cross-validate phased array design information from RF, Baseband, and test & measurement teams. The W1720 beamforming kit is also compatible with SystemVue’s many reference libraries for 4G/5G, Radar, satellite, and other modulation formats.
Who should use the W1720?
- RF System Architects
- System-level PHY Architects
- Baseband Beamforming Algorithm designers
What applications can benefit from the W1720?
- 5G beamforming and high order MIMO
- Radar/EW and Automotive beamforming
- Satellite/NewSpace communications terminals and payloads
What’s included with the W1720?
- RF array analysis personality that adds on top of the W1719 RF System Design Kit
- Dataflow simulation support, including Beamforming synthesis, analysis, and dynamic visualization
- Dataflow “Timed Envelope Matrix” datatype for working easily with highly-parallel signal structures
- Radiated direction and power of spurious intermods analysis - predicts spatial and spectral interference with nearby antennas, multimode AESA radar-communications and compliance with FCC emission rules.
- Using S-, X- and sys-parameters of phase-shifters, attenuators, amplifiers and mixers for fast hardware implementation.
- Antenna element failure analysis - Monte Carlo or user-specified element failures enables robust mission critical design.
- RFLINK support, which allows RF arrays to be leveraged at the Dataflow level, and with 5G/Radar scenarios
Figure 1: The W1720EP/ET adds a unique array analysis personality to SystemVue, which can be used to evaluate Digital beamforming, Analog/RF beamforming, and Hybrid beamforming architectures with thousands of elements.
Figure 2: The W1720EP/ET enables Phased Array/Beamforming architectures to be modeled at used at the RF, Dataflow, and Scenario levels. This unified approach can eliminate the need for specialized tools, and unify dispersed teams across multiple disciplines.
Phased Array Antenna Design of Any Size and Any Configuration
The W1720EP/ET enables you to design and refine Phased Array Antenna of any size and configuration quickly.
- Define array size and configuration
- Set desired beam direction
- Measure far field beam
- Refine design
| 8x8 URA
| 16x16 URA
| 50x50 URA
| 100x100 URA
Figure 3. Antenna array of 100 x 100 elements can be simulated in under a minute.
* A uniform rectangular array (URA) is made up of antennas placed on a regular, 2-dimensional grid.
** Decibels relative to isotropic (dBi) is used to define the gain of an antenna system relative to an isotropic antenna.
SatComm, 5G, Radar,
SatComm, 5G, Radar,
Figure 4. Array configurations can be quickly defined with parameters. Conformal arrays are defined by the X, Y, Z coordinates and rotation of each element.
Phased Array Antenna Design Refinement
The W1720EP/ET enables you to refine a phased array antenna for practical hardware implementation.
- Amplitude taper
- Element pattern and coupling
- Phase and amplitude quantization
- Random phase/amplitude errors
Figure 5. Effects of amplitude tapering on sidelobe reduction and main beam widening. Analyze effects of amplitude taper and phase distortion caused by amplifiers driven under compression.
Figure 6. Effects of random or quantization phase and amplitude errors from digital phase shifters and attenuators.
Figure 7. Budget analysis of element or array system chain to identify components causing performance impairments so as to properly spec components for hardware implementation.
Figure 8. Analyze Monte Carlo random or user-specified element failures and broadband squinting analysis for robust phase array operations.
Figure 9. Analyze polarization of antenna elements and impact on array radiation polarization. Quantify polarization mismatch for anti-jamming and antenna diversity.
Figure 10. Analyze spatially radiated spurious intermods for FCC compliance, interference with nearby antennas and multi-mode comms-radar AESA operation.
Figure 11. Use S-, X- and Sys-Parameters of off-the-shelf phase shifters, attenuators, amplifiers and mixers for fast evaluation of components for hardware realization.
What are Customers Saying?
- “The additions made this year have greatly increased the value of using SystemVue to analyze phased arrays over spreadsheets. The three features that are most helpful are the addition of S-parameters to the phased array components, the multi-tone frequency analysis, and the far field block in DataFlow. Now I can have 1 array model that I build with a phased array analysis and use RF link for dynamic analysis”
- “Like single tone and multi-tone intermod and harmonic simulation in phased array analysis”
- “Analysis of system designs that took about a day to run in SystemVue that take a week to complete in our alternative tools”
- “We have a fully integrated N channel transmit receive module implemented in SystemVue that closely matches expected parameters”
- “Keysight did everything we asked in Phased Array Design kit”
- “I am excited to start using this tools in detailed AESA system design”
The W1720 Phased Array Beamforming Kit can be added to any SystemVue Environment. It does not require the W1719 RF System Design Kit, but the W1719 is highly recommended for analysis of RF array architectures. Without the W1719, the W1720 still provides system-level dataflow simulations and beam measurements.
The W1720 is already included in these bundles and libraries:
- W1467 SystemVue Array Architect
- W1905 Radar Model library
- W1906 5G baseband verification library
- W1907 5G Forward baseband verification library bundle
- W1908 Automotive Radar library
To learn more about these products, click the Options & Accessories tab above to view Related Software Products.