Key converter measurements:
- Match-corrected measurements of conversion loss/gain plus phase and group delay, with swept or fixed input and output frequencies and input and LO power
- SMC+Phase offers measurements of deviation-from-linear-phase and absolute group delay without a reference mixer
- VMC adds a reference mixer and measurements of phase differences and absolute group delay
- Measure converters with fully embedded local oscillators with S93084A
- Power-meter-based calibration provides high accuracy for conversion gain or loss
- SMC+Phase comb-generator-based calibration eliminates the need for calibration mixers
Easy to set up and use
- Intuitive tab-based user interface makes it easy to configure measurements
- Calibration Wizard guides user through calibration process
- Application controls external signal generators and power meters
The S93083A includes the scalar mixer/converter plus phase (SMC+Phase) measurement class that provides fully calibrated conversion gain/loss, relative phase, and absolute group delay measurements of mixers and converters without the need for reference or calibration mixers. Eliminating the calibration mixer requires a U9391C/F/G comb generator and an external DC power supply. A vector mixer/converter measurement (VMC) class is also included for measuring the phase difference between multiple paths or devices, or for measuring phase shifts within a device. Using VMC or the comb-generator-based calibration for SMC+Phase requires an instrument with a configurable test set (i.e., has front-panel RF loops). For units without front-panel loops, SMC+Phase can be used with an external calibration mixer.
The S93083A provides an intuitive and easy-to-use user interface for setting up mixer and converter measurements, with single or dual conversion stages. It can control the analyzer’s built-in source(s) as well as external signal generators for use as LO signals.
The S93083A is a superset of S93082A. S93083A is compatible with S93084A, which enables measurements of converters with internal LOs.
For more information about Keysight Network Analyzer Software, please visit Network Analyzer Software