The S8702A RF Automation Toolset extends the capabilities of the 5G Test Application by providing:
- An intuitive and easy-to-use graphical user interface for creating, configuring and running test campaigns
- A suite of fully-automated RF Transmitter and Receiver tests, based on the standardized test specifications for 5G NR, LTE, WLAN, NB-NTN and C-V2X
- Optimized test execution times, enabling rapid inspection of the RF performance
- A report generator to summarize the results of test campaigns
- Interactive analytics to analyze and troubleshoot the test results and developing trends
- Flexible licensing options and tools
The S8702A RF Automation Toolset is a comprehensive benchtop solution that enables 5G device development engineers to quickly inspect and verify the RF Transmitter and Receiver performance of new 5G NR devices in accordance with the 3GPP TS 38.521 and 3GPP TS 36.521 specifications; supporting FR1 and FR2 deployments for both 5G NR NSA and SA modes devices. The toolset is based on:
- Keysight E7515B UXM 5G Wireless Test Platform: emulates the 5G network
- Keysight’s Test Application Framework Software: provides control of the UXM 5G network emulator
- Keysight’s X-Series Measurement Software: provides ready-to use measurements for signal analysis
- Keysight’s E7770A Common Interface Unit, M1740A mmWave Transceiver and mmWave OTA chambers: extend testing range to the mmWave frequencies (FR2)
When developing new 5G devices, RF design engineers require access to tools that enable them to rapidly inspect and verify the transmitter and receiver performance of their devices. This allows them to identify and focus on areas where performance is sub-optimal and quickly retest when the issue has been rectified.
Keysight’s RF Automation Toolset addresses this need by providing a suite of RF transmitter and receiver tests based on the relevant 3GPP test specifications. These tests are optimized for speed and designed to run on a benchtop platform, allowing each engineer to have a dedicated test system on their own desk. Combined with Keysight’s sophisticated logging and debugging tools, the toolset enables design verification engineers to accelerate the transformation of new 5G devices from prototypes to commercial products.
Accelerate 5G FWA Device Test
FWA is growing quickly to provide fast data connections to areas previously without broadband service. Many fixed-location devices use 5G and WLAN for connectivity. Learn more about how our Wireless Network Emulation Solutions can help you verify RF and throughput performance of 5G devices for fixed locations.
Explore the Solution
Featured Resources for S8702A RF Automation Toolset
Technical Overviews 2023.11.30
S8702A RF Automation Toolset
View All Resources