- Setup wizard for quick setup, configuration and analysis
- Serial data analysis with 8B/10B symbols
- Packet-level decode of primitives as well as link and transaction layers
- Numerical decode values of the traffic are automatically displayed and synchronized
- 4 GHz or higher bandwidth for SATA 1.5 Gb/s protocol decode
- N8801B SATA Protocol Analysis and Decode
With the need for faster-access, higher performance and improved power saving storage capabilities, the new SATA 6 Gb/s and 3Gb/s standard has been a popular choice for many new emerging designs and solid state drives. Besides that, many electronic products that include fast-access storage capabilities that have cost constraints or legacy requirements also make SATA 1.5 Gb/s a preferable choice. Users can quickly see SATA 1.5, 3.0 and 6.0 Gb/s information at both the physical and protocol layers in devices that include fast-access storage capabilities. They can trigger on and view both protocol layer information and physical layer signal characteristics for SATA. Numerical decode values of the SATA traffic are automatically displayed and synchronized below the capture signal or seen in protocol viewer.
Generally, the 9000 and S-Series oscilloscopes are ideal for SATA 1.5 Gb/s.