- sample rate up to 65 GSa/s
- high channel density: 1, 2, or 4 channels per module, synchronization of up to 16 channels on 4 modules with the M8197A multi-channel synchronization module
- built-in frequency and phase response calibration
- embedded DSP enables real-time waveform and impairment generation (in conjunction with the 81195A optical modulation generator software)
- 25 GHz analog bandwidth, 2 GSa of memory per AXIe module, expandable to 16 GSa
- 16 GSa extended memory capable of generating PRBS7, PRBS10, PRBS11, PRBS15 up to PRBS31; long PRBS pattern will require considerable time in order to calculate and load into AWG’s waveform memory
- up to 1 Vpp(se) or 2 Vpp(diff) output amplitude
- up to 32 GBaud signals and beyond
Pre-configurations, consisting of
- M8195A arbitrary waveform generator (AWG)
- AXIe chassis and embedded controller or external PC connectivity
- multi-functions with M8070A system software for M8000 Series BER test solutions
As devices and interfaces become faster and more complex, the M8195A AWG gives you the versatility to create the signals you need for digital applications, optical and electrical communication, advanced research, wideband radar, and satcom.
- Coherent optical — a single M8195A module can generate two independent I/Q baseband signals (dual polarization = 4 channels) at up to 32 GBaud and beyond
- Multi-level / multi-channel digital signals — generate NRZ, PAM4, PAM8, DMT, etc. signals at up to 32 GBaud. Also supports protocols such as HDMI™, C-PHY™ and D-PHY™. Embed / de-embed channels, add jitter, ISI, noise, and other distortions
- Physics, chemistry and electronics research — generate any mathematically-defined arbitrary waveforms, ultra-short yet precise pulses, and extremely wideband chirps
- Wideband RF/µW — generate extremely wideband RF signals with an instantaneous bandwidth of DC to 25 GHz for aerospace / defense / communication applications
- Random interference (RI) source to application, requires M8070A
The Keysight M8195A arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) provides up to 65 GSa/s, 25 GHz bandwidth, 8 bits vertical resolution, and up to 4 channels in a 1-slot AXIe module simultaneously.
As devices and interfaces become faster and more complex, the M8195A AWG allows you to create the signals you need for digital applications, advanced research, wideband radar, satcom, and optical communications.
Advanced 3-level sequencing allows even longer signal scenarios. An external dynamic control is available for the case of a M8197A module synchronizing several M8195A modules.
The M8195A AWG features a trigger input with a delay accuracy of ±20 ps in conjunction with a M8197A multi-channel synchronization module.
In conjunction with the N5990A software options 151 and 153, the M8195A provides a sink-test solution for HDMI and MHL.
The M8195A AWG can also be controlled by the M8070A bit error ratio test system software with the M8085A software plug-in to create MIPI C-PHY™ and D-PHY™ standard-conformant test signals.
The M8195A AWG combined with the 81195A optical modulation generator software introduces an innovative real-time approach which speeds up your test by up to a factor of 100.
It allows signal and impairment generation in real time. FIR filters and other DSP functions are used for pulse-shaping and changing optical stress conditions such as polarization mode dispersion (PMD) and phase noise.
Go where you have never been able to test before with real-time mode, sequencing and deep memory. Explore your possibilities.
The M8195A is also available in a system bundle M8195S, which is dynamically configured depending on the required number of channels. In addition to the module itself, an AXIe chassis, embedded controller or external PC connectivity will be automatically added and the system is shipped pre-configured.