What are you looking for?
J-BERT M8020A High-Performance BERT
The high-performance Keysight J-BERT M8020A enables fast, accurate receiver characterization of single- and multi-lane devices running up to 16 or 32 Gb/s.
With today’s highest level of integration, the M8020A streamlines your test setup. In addition, automated in situ calibrations of signal conditions ensures accurate and repeatable measurements. Through interactive link training, it can behave like the link partner of your device under test. The J-BERT M8020A will accelerate insight into your design.
The M8020A is designed for research and development engineers and test engineers who characterize and verify compliance of chips, devices, boards, and systems with serial I/O ports up to 16 Gb/s and 32 Gb/s. The M8020A can be used to test popular serial bus standards, such as PCI Express, USB, MIPI M-PHYTM, SATA/SAS, DisplayPort, SD UHS-II, Fibre Channel, memory buses, backplanes, repeaters, active optical cables, Thunderbolt, 10 GbE, 100 GbE (optical and electrical), SFP+, CFP2/4 transceivers, and CEI.
- data rates up to 8.5/ 16 Gb/s for pattern generator and error detector
- expandable to 32 Gb/s with M8062A, 32 Gb/s BERT front-end
- integrated and calibrated jitter injection: RJ, PJ1, PJ2, SJ, BUJ, sinusoidal interference (common-mode and differential-mode), SSC (triangular and arbitrary, residual)
- 8-tap de-emphasis (positive and negative) up to 20 dB
- integrated and adjustable ISI for loss emulation
- interactive link training for SAS-3, USB 3.0/3.1 and PCI Express supporting 8 GT/s and 16 GT/s
- interactive TxEQ training for IEEE 10GBASE-KR, 25GBASE-KR, and 100GBASE-KR4
- built-in clock data recovery and equalization
- system integration with M8070A software for M8000 BER series
- seamless operation with BERT/scope and arbitrary waveform generators
The Custom Power Behind Our Instruments
Pushing the boundaries of technology requires instantaneous bandwidth, spurious-free dynamic range, and signal fidelity beyond basic measurements. Keysight powers every performance product with custom MMICs, designed in-house, manufactured in our proprietary indium phosphide (InP) and gallium arsenide (GaAs) fab with custom ASIC signal processing that ensure the industry’s fastest, most reliable measurements. Count on Keysight to accelerate your next innovation. Keysight ASICs in the M8020A High Performance J-BERTs enable speed, bandwidth, and flexibility for 400GbE transmission systems with excellent eye diagrams.
Interested in a M8020A?
Extend The Capabilities For Your J-BERT High-Performance BERTs
Data Sheets 2022.09.19
J-BERT M8020A High-Performance BERT Ver. 9.0
Technical Overviews 2018.01.12
Extended Service Period Solutions Model Numbers
Application Notes 2019.08.27
Overcoming Test Challenges of USB Type-C
Programming Guides 2018.07.31
M8000 Series of BER Test Solutions - Programming Guide (Part No. M8020-91040)
Programming Guides 2023.03.17
M8000 Series of BER Test Solutions Programming Guide
User Manuals 2019.08.31
M8000 Series of BER Test Solutions - Tips for Preventing Damage
User Manuals 2018.07.31
M8000 Series of BER Test Solutions - User Guide (Part No. M8020-91030)
User Manuals 2022.01.12
Keysight OIF-CEI 28G VSR/SR Plugin User Guide
View All Resources