Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm Your Country or Area
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel DAQ Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test
- Network Security + Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Products and Services
- Application-Specific Test Systems And Components
- Lithium Ion Battery Self-Discharge Measurement Solutions
- BT2191A Self-Discharge Measurement System [Discontinued]
- Overview and Features
- Post-Purchase Upgrades
For cell designers and cell users evaluating cells for user in their designs:
- 1-Channel Self-Discharge Measurement System
- 0.025% current measurement accuracy for discharge currents up to 10 mA
- 0.0016% cell voltage measurement accuracy for cell voltages up to 4.5V
- ± 10 μVpk source voltage stability (typical).
- System accurately measures self-discharge current in minutes or hours.
- Software for instrument control, graphing of results, data logging and storage.
The Keysight Self-Discharge Measurement System delivers a revolutionary reduction in the time required to measure cell self-discharge current. For smaller cells like cylindrical 18650 or 21700 cells, testing indicates that you can quickly measure stable self-discharge current in as little as 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the cell characteristics. And for larger capacity pouch cells (e.g., 10-60 Ah), this takes as little as1-4 hours.
That‘s a significant improvement compared to waiting weeks or months for the cell OCV to change enough to determine cell quality. And it significantly decreases your test cycle and improves your time to market.
The Self-Discharge Measurement System quickly measures self-discharge current using a potentiostatic measurement method with the characteristics needed to accurately make the direct current measurement:
- Minimum disturbance of the cell
- The voltage applied to the cell is quickly matched (± 5 μV) to the actual cell voltage. This minimizes any new charge or discharge and thus limits any new RC settling to a minimum.
- The voltage applied to the cell is very stable (± 10 μVpk) to minimize continuing charge redistribution current noise on the self-discharge current measurement.
- Accurately measures low-level self-discharge currents to ±(0.025% + 100nA)
The Self-Discharge Measurement System also measures the cell temperature. This allows you to see how cell voltage and self-discharge current vary with temperature. Since cells have a complex temperature coefficient for their voltage, monitoring cell temperature allows you to control or eliminate changes in cell voltage caused by changes in temperature. And controlling those voltage changes eliminates a significant source of error in the self-discharge current measurement. You can use the T-type thermocouple supplied with the BT2191A or provide your own sensor and wiring. Supported sensors include T, J, K, E, N, R-type thermocouples; 5kΩ thermistor; Pt100 & Pt1000 RTDs.