Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm Your Country or Area
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel DAQ Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test + Security
- Network Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Overview and Features
- Post-Purchase Upgrades
- High optical output power: +13 dBm
- Wide tuning range: 1465nm-1575nm
- Built-in wavemeter for excellent accuracy: +/-20pm
- Built-in coherence control
- Stimulated Brillioun scattering suppression
Keysight's 81980A high power compact tunable laser enables optical device characterization at high power levels and measurement of nonlinear effects. They improve the testing of all types of optical amplifiers and other active components as well as broadband passive optical components. As single slot plug-in module for Keysight's 8163A/B, 8164A/B and 8166A/B mainframes, it is a flexible and cost effective stimulus for single channel and DWDM test applications. The module covers a total wavelength range of 110 nm in the S+C-band.
- Provides the stimulus power needed to test today's optical amplifiers, which reduces the need to add booster amplifiers.
- The wide tuning range of 110nm allows characterization of the DUTs in adjacent wavelength bands S+C with one sweep.
- The built-in wavemeter eliminates the need for external wavelength monitoring, which reduces measurement uncertainties
- The built-in coherence control feature avoids problems with stimulated Brillioun Scattering (SBS) and interference effects generated by unwanted cavities
- Test non-linear effects in fibers and transmission links
Note: Replacement module is larger and requires an 8164B mainframe.
Learn more about Keysight Optical Laser Source Products