- Wavelength range: 1250 nm – 1370 nm (Option 013)
- Sweep speeds: up to 200 nm/s, bidirectional
- Max. power: > +18 dBm peak
- Absolute wavelength accuracy: ±1.5 pm (typical)
- Built-in wavelength meter for optimum tuning precision
- Specified performance in the continuous sweep mode
- Polarization maintaining fiber for the test of integrated optical devices
The new Keysight 81602A is an extra high power tunable laser operating from 1250 nm to 1370 nm. With over +18 dBm peak power and +16 dBm in the 100GBASE-LR4 range, it improves tolerance for optical power budgets in test setups.
- The “extra” in output power helps to get first light faster in fiber or probe alignment and compensates for the coupling loss of broadband surface probes (grating couplers).
- The combination of wide wavelength tuning and high optical power allows testing integrated photonic devices at relevant signal levels and wavelengths, through compensating for the high insertion loss of modulators or splitters in the test setup.
With a tuning range of 1250 nm to 1370 nm, the laser addresses the latest silicon photonics research.
The 81602A extra high power tunable laser source is compatible with the current 81600B laser programming commands and the N7700A photonic application suite, a solution software for making fast and accurate optical measurements, controlling fiber optic instruments, and analyzing measurement results. This allows engineers to transition smoothly to the new modules or expand their collections to include the new models.
Silicon photonics researchers and designers of integrated optics who need to surface-probe wafers across a wide wavelength range are faced with challenging signal attenuation. The new extra high power O-band tunable laser enables them to characterize and functionally test their designs with real-life signal levels.
Learn more about Optical Laser Source Products
Interested in a 81602A?
Extend The Capabilities For Your Extra High Power Tunable Laser
Application Notes 2017.11.30
Continuous-Sweep Tunable Laser Programming
User Manuals 2019.04.30
8160xx Series Tunable Laser Family - User's Guide
Quick Start Guides 2019.04.30
8160xx Series Tunable Laser Family - Getting Started Guide
Data Sheets 2021.03.23
81602A Extra High Power Tunable Laser
Lightwave Catalog: Test & Measurement Networks and Data Centers
View All Resources