NOTE: suggested replacement is the Keysight 53220A and this product may be found by selecting the Related Products link.
Imagine Your Counter Doing MORE…
“I never expected a frequency counter to do so much so fast!”
53200 Family of RF and Universal Frequency Counter/Timers
The Keysight 5315A is a low-cost portable bench version of the 5316B high-performance universal counter. Unique counting circuitry gives the best of both reciprocal and conventional frequency counting. Full frequency range (to 100 MHz) on both input channels provides frequency, period, ratio A/B, and totalize A by B measurements.
An optional 1 GHz C channel extends the frequency range for navigations and communications applications. A high- stability oven oscillator can also be added for higher accuracy in demanding environments. The 5315A is suited for maintaining and calibrating all types of electronic equipment in the field. Its tough, lightweight polycarbonate case and optional battery pack make it convenient to use anywhere.
- Exceptional resolution at both low and high frequencies
- Three time-interval modes solve more problems
- Flexible signal conditioning optimized for both frequency and time interval measurements
- Selectable gate time from 60 ms to 10 s
- 100 MHz A and B input channels, Optional 1 GHz C channel
- Proven reliability and excellent RFI protection
- Exceptional Resolution
- Below 10 MHz, the counter measures the input signal period, then computes and displays the reciprocal frequency with 7 digits of resolution in one second for signals as low as 0.1 Hz. Above 10 MHz, the counter automatically performs as a conventional counter. Three Time-Interval Modes
- The 5315A offers 100 ns single-shot time-interval resolution. Time-interval averaging boosts performance to 10 ps resolution. A time-interval delay ignores spurious signals that would normally cause the counter to trigger.
- Flexible Signal Conditioning
- Choose ac or dc coupling, a sensitivity control (variable attenuator), and a switchable low-pass filter. Both channels have trigger level controls with easy setting.
For more information on current Keysight's frequency counter, please visit