What are you looking for?
Stay Engaged With Remote Learning
We are all in a unique and very dynamic situation right now. First of all, we hope that you and your families are doing well and staying safe. For our industry, many of us have moved into home offices, but continue to work on the development of the latest technology. As there is still a desire to stay up-to-date we want to make you aware that we are here to help you in your job now and in the future. We are offering many ways to keep connected during this unique time:
- Live and on-demand webinars on a variety of topics.
- View Tech Tips for our application focused “How-To” videos. Only 10 mins each and you can download a workspace.
Stay in touch and stay safe.
Learn about new technologies, review industry trends, and get simulation tips anytime.
Come Back for New Webinars
How to Model Digital Beamforming and Channel Specific Impairment
Original Webinar Date: June 21, 2022
Phased Array is an enabling technology for Defense and SatCom applications. The IC market is exploding with new Phased Array IC solutions and choosing the right Digital Beamformer IC (BFIC) is crucial for the complete system performance.
PathWave ADS 2023 for RF & Microwave Design
Original Webinar Date: June 29, 2022
Learn the latest RF and microwave design techniques and stay relevant with the wireless, automotive, and aerospace and defense industries. Higher frequencies, integration densities, complex modulations, wider bandwidths, and multi-technology RF modules demand that your skills in using RF electronic design automation (EDA) tools keep pace to remain competitive. This webinar does just that for you. Join us to learn the latest RF and microwave design capabilities in Keysight Advanced Design System (ADS) 2023 and achieve consistent design wins.
SatCom Systems Design
Original Webinar Date: September 20, 2022
With satellite competition growing exponentially, advanced virtual prototyping and design platform techniques are needed to keep pace. Design teams need to drill down into any part of a design, measure components, and bring results back into the system model to simulate with higher fidelity than ever possible.
Generating AMI Models for SerDes Applications
Original Webinar Date: July 14, 2022
AMI (Algorithmic Modeling Interface) is the industry standard for SerDes transmitter and receiver models. It includes equalization, and CDR (Clock Data Recovery) and helps to simulate the overall channel and to accurately determine BER (Bit Error Rate). In this webinar, we show an easy-to-use workflow to build and use AMI models.
PathWave Device Modeling 2023
Original Webinar Date: August 25, 2022
Join our device modeling experts and learn how:
- Keysight's solutions enable characterization and modeling of cutting-edge CMOS and compound semiconductor devices.
- Keysight provides complete end-to-end modeling solutions from automated measurements, device model extraction, and qualification to final process design kit (PDK) validation.
- Comprehensive modeling services are available with support from Keysight experts and advanced labs.
PathWave ADS 2023 for High-Speed Digital Design & Simulation
Original Webinar Date: September 13, 2022
Join our Keysight experts for an overview of the key Use Cases in our upcoming releases and learn how:
- Keysight integrates a complete design to test workflow for DDR5 memory from simulation, to probing/fixturing, measurements on the widest bandwidth oscilloscopes, and JEDEC compliance test reports.
- For Signal Integrity, to leverage our AMI Modelers for PCIe Gen 5/6, USB4, and Ethernet which provide accurate model generation to obtain a more realistic simulation faster.
- For Power Integrity, to quickly generate complex test setups in just minutes, and find and troubleshoot and analyze the source of Conducted and Radiated leakage issues.
- Power Electronics (PE) is all about handling power: generating it, converting it, and moving it from source to load. Keysight delivers design and modeling tools to accelerate your PE workflow and ensure your designs are accurate, reliable, and built for optimal performance.
Creating and Simulating Reliable Memory Interfaces, FAST!
Original Webinar Date: October 13, 2022
Successful memory interface design includes making a robust implementation that works for different corner cases, process variations, BOM changes, etc. However, simulating all these cases can be a daunting task. In this webinar, we will discuss a simple and streamlined workflow for simulating memory interface requirements with PathWave ADS Memory Designer.
Achieve Escape Velocity with PathWave System Design and PathWave VSA 2023
Original Webinar Date: October 11, 2022
Join our system simulation experts to see how Keysight is transforming the digital engineering workflow with advances to the latest communications standards, environment modeling, next-generation 6G research, inventions in RF modeling, and digital twin solutions for commercial and aerospace/defense.
Perform Simulation-Based, Virtual Compliance Tests for (LP)DDR
Original Webinar Date: November 15, 2022
Due to ever increasing data rates there is less design margin given to memory design engineers. You will have to make sure that your implementation is compliant to specifications. In this webinar, we will walk through the compliance tests and design exploration with several memory standards.
Modeling Radar Coverage Maps
Original Webinar Date: May, 25, 2022
Radar coverage is the general term for the space boundary within which a radar meets the mission requirements. They depend on the type of radar and can be described in terms of detection (Pd) and false-alarm (Pfa) probabilities. A Coverage Map is the graphical representation of the radar coverage. In this session, we will discuss a methodology that includes the RF circuit design and signal processing effects in the calculation of the coverage map.
PathWave Device Modeling Innovations Part II – IC-CAP Platform
Original Webinar Date: May 19, 2022
The new PathWave Device Modeling (IC-CAP) release provides a re-designed user interface and usability improvements so you can extract more models in less time. Learn how IC-CAP supports Python 3, integrated plotting, and linkage to customized installations.
Reduce EMI in Switched-Mode Power Supply Design
Original Webinar Date: April 27, 2022
Until now, doing EMI of simulations required expertise in electromagnetics. In this webinar, we will discuss how to overcome this challenge via post-layout simulation using Keysight's power electronics simulation software.
Model-Based Engineering (MBE) Discussion - A Design and Test Perspective
Original Webinar Date: April 26, 2022
The aerospace and defense industry is racing to develop new systems and capabilities. A key to achieving faster, lower-cost development is a Model-based Engineering (MBSE) approach, integrating data through models and predicting performance through ‘digital twin’ architectures. In this session, we will discuss how Keysight’s PathWave System Design software connects to and enables your MBSE flow. It also covers how critical it is to link simulation and measurements to achieve these goals.
Analyzing Memory Bus to Meet with DDR Specifications
Original Webinar Date: April 14, 2022
With memory getting into the multi-gigabit range, the design margins are tighter due to higher crosstalk between vias and traces. Optimizing your design and testing it against specifications is critical. We will discuss the importance of memory channel pre- and post-layout models, how to build them, and how to design with them.
Designing Switched-Mode Power Supplies with GaN and SiC Semiconductors
Original Webinar Date: March 31, 2022
Join to discuss a new workflow that includes post-layout simulation which integrates both circuit and Electromagnetic (EM) analysis.
We will cover these key learnings:
- Learn about wide bandgap semiconductors and its role in power electronics
- Understand the new design challenges of wide bandgap semiconductors in SMPS
- Learn a new EM workflow to overcome these challenges
- Understand how a digital reference design can accelerate your time to market
- See Keysight's solution in action: PathWave ADS and PEPro with Reference Designs
Conducted EMI Simulations Made Easy with PathWave ADS
Original Webinar Date: February 10, 2022
The automotive industry applies stringent requirements for EMI with CISPR 25 to avoid disturbances in a vehicle. You will want to capture any issue with your design prior to building hardware. However, SPICE is not accurate enough and general-purpose EM simulators are time-consuming and complex to use. Learn how to explore and mitigate EMI noise sources with PathWave ADS with PIPro.
Reduce EMI in Switched-Mode Power Supply Design
Original Webinar Date: January 25, 2022
Switched-mode power supply (SMPS) design is rapidly evolving with the emergence of wide bandgap semiconductors such as silicon carbide (SiC) and gallium nitride (GaN) power devices. Higher switching speeds together with the layout of a printed circuit board (PCB) can become a source of electromagnetic interference (EMI). This challenge frustrates many power electronics designers.
To overcome this challenge, a designer needs to identify potential EMI problems in simulation. Until now, this required expertise in electromagnetics. In this webinar, we will discuss how to overcome this challenge.
Optimizing Capacitor Selection and Placement for Power Integrity
Original Air Date: January 13, 2022
Avoid costly retrofits or schedule slippage with multiple re-spins. Start early in the design to select the right capacitors and meet a desired power integrity target impedance. Learn how to utilize 3DEM simulation and understand the impact of parasitics and optimize your design with a digital twin.
Simulating PCIe Gen5 for Embedded System Design
Original Webinar Date: December 16, 2021
Designers need to balance material selection and PCB fabrication options, together with design strategies for vias, connectors and channels. This webinar covers a simulation process that SECO Italy has undertaken to successfully design an embedded system with a small form-factor, and the right price-point.
Unlocking Data and Insights for High Frequency and High-Speed Design
Original Webinar Date: October 28, 2021
- Using Python as a translation tool to unlock data from different sources
- Using Advanced Design System’s Data Display to gain insight from simulation and measured data
- Practical Examples of real-life challenges and solutions
Addressing Challenges of mmWave and Terahertz Channel Research
Original Webinar Date: September 28, 2021
Attendees of this webinar will:
- Learn an approach for 5G / 6G system architects to use in advanced channel modeling
- Understand the process of characterizing, modeling, and visualizing these channels
- See examples of enhanced channel usage in system simulation
Next Generation Memory Solutions – Are you ready for Single-Ended PAM4?
Original Webinar Date: September 30, 2021
Learn the advanced and challenging next-generation memory technologies including Single-Ended PAM4.
- Simulation challenges for next-generation memory systems
- Single-ended PAM4 implementation in memory systems
- Easy AMI model generation for Pathfinding
Designing Switched-Mode Power Supplies with GaN and SiC Semiconductors
Original Webinar Date: September 15, 2021
Learn about wide-bandgap semiconductors and their role in power electronics
- Understand the new design test challenges of wide bandgap semiconductors in switch-mode power supplies
- Learn a new Electromagnetic(EM) workflow to over these challenges
- See Keysight's solution in action (PathWave ADS and PEPro and Reference Designs)
Advanced Techniques for USB4 Simulation and Measurement
Original Webinar Date: July 22, 2021
This seminar will address simulation methodologies that can enable and help in this characterization and validation flow of USB4. Use of IBIS-AMI models and bit-by-bit simulations which allow the representation of non-linear equalization blocks helps system designers to accurately predict their system’s performance. We will also talk about simulation methodologies for multi-level signaling.
Browse these short video clips which highlight specific design and simulation topics.
Electrical-Optical-Electrical (EOE) System Simulation with PathWave ADS