4 Channels, 2 GHz, 12-bit
The M5200A is a single-slot PXIe four-channel, high-speed, analog to digital digitizer. It is a high-performance digitizer with easy-to-use programming libraries, real-time sequencing technology, and FPGA programming.
It is great for high-definition sampling in quantum computing and aerospace applications and gives users the ability to create processing algorithms in the FPGA.
- Four 2 GHz channels
- 4.8 GSa/s sampling rate
- 12-bits of resolution for high-definition sampling
- Create IP and processing algorithms in the FPGA
- Transfer data directly over the PCIe backplane
- PathWave FPGA and PathWave Test Sync Executive compatible
The M5200A has a Soft Front Panel (SFP) that provides a simple interface to the digitizer module. It covers the basic operation of the instrument and is especially useful for initially getting acquainted with the instrument before software programming is started. It also gives you the ability to debug your system and monitor driver calls.
The M5200A comes with IVI.NET, IVI-C, and IVI-COM drivers to enable easy integration into common test development environments. In addition, a Python interface is also provided with the module.
PathWave FPGA is a graphical environment that enables you to rapidly develop FPGA designs on the M5200A. When combined with a PathWave FPGA license, you now have access to the user-programmable FPGA and can insert your custom logic into the instrument. You can begin from the rich set of built-in library elements, or import Vivado IP or HDL IP. Key benefits include:
- Visualize application flows and insert custom blocks
- Streamline the design process with full native FPGA code compatibility
- Quickly compile the bitfile to program the FPGA model embedded in the instrument
- Easily target diffferent instrument FPGAs using Board Support Packages
PathWave Test Sync Executive
PathWave Test Sync Executive enables rapid development of high-performance, multi-channel, multi-instrument real-time synchronous solutions. It is enabled on the M5200A with a PathWave license and has seamless interaction with PathWave FPGA. Test Sync Executive features:
- Transparent multi-mode synchronization by precisely time aligning multiple channels in the same module or across several modules
- Real-time synchronous execution including sequencing, branching, and looping
- Time-deterministic hardware-based execution