E4990A Impedance Analyzer
20 Hz to 10/20/30/50/120 MHz
This document provides technical specifications for the E4990A.
The following options are available.
• E4990A-120 20 Hz to 120 MHz
• E4990A-050 20 Hz to 50 MHz
• E4990A-030 20 Hz to 30 MHz
• E4990A-020 20 Hz to 20 MHz
• E4990A-010 20 Hz to 10 MHz
• E4990A-001 Enhanced measurement speed (option 010/020/030/050 only).
Specification (spec.): Warranted performance. All specifications apply at 23 °C (± 5 °C), unless otherwise stated, and 90 minutes after the instrument has been turned on. Specifications include guard bands to account for the expected statistical performance distribution, measurement uncertainties, and changes in performance due to environmental conditions.
Typical (typ.): Expected performance of an average unit which does not include guardbands. It is not covered by the product warranty.
General characteristics: A general, descriptive term that does not imply a level of performance.
Basic Measurement Characteristic
Voltage Signal Level
Current Signal Level
Signal Level Monitor
DC Bias Function
Conditions of accuracy
Impedance measurement accuracy at four-terminal pair port
Equation 1 shows the impedance measurement accuracy [%] at four-terminal pair port of the E4990A, or measurement port of the 16048G/16048H.
Impedance measurement accuracy at 7-mm port of the Keysight 42942A
Equation 2 shows the impedance measurement accuracy [%] at 7-mm port of the 42942A terminal adapter.
Impedance measurement accuracy at test port of the Keysight 42941A
Equation 3 shows the impedance measurement accuracy [%] at test port of the 42941A impedance probe.
Temperature coefficient of the Keysight 42941A impedance probe (typical)
Equivalent circuit analysis
Limit Line Test
Analyzer Environmental Specifications
Measurement circuit protection
External reference input
Internal reference output
High stability frequency reference output (Option 1E5)
External trigger input
EMC, safety, environment and compliance
Have access to the following website to acquire the latest news, product and support information, application literature and more.
• E4990A Impedance Analyzer 20 Hz to 10/20/30/50/120 MHz Brochure, 5991-3888EN
• E4990A Impedance Analyzer 20 Hz to 10/20/30/50/120 MHz, 5991-3891EN
• LCR Meters, Impedance Analyzers and Test Fixtures, Selection Guide, 5952-1430E
• Accessories Catalog for Impedance Measurements, 5965-4792E
• Impedance Measurement Handbook, 5950-3000
• Power of Impedance Analyzer - Comparison to Network Analyzer, 5992-0338EN
Please have a sales contact me.
A sales representative will contact you soon.