Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel DAQ Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter / Device Analyzers and Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources, and Power Supplies
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test and Security
- Network Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
FieldFox Firmware Update Instructions
To update the FieldFox firmware from A.09.00 or later:
***Before updating to firmware, please MAKE SURE the time, date and time zone are set correctly. After installing this version, user will only able to change the time once per day, and no more than 5 hours backwards.***
FieldFox Package Installer
The FieldFox Package Installer enables you to download new versions of firmware from either a USB memory or SD Card. Additionally, the Utility softkey enables you to backup user files or restore user files.
- Check the firmware release revision is A.09.00 or later. Press System (7), press Service Diagnostics, then press System Information. Confirm that the firmware revision is A.09.00 or later. Also check the time and date are set correctly.
- Prepare the USB flash drive and create a new folder directory with the name "FieldFox". Check that there are no file names in the root directory that begin with “N99”, or "FFox".
- Click the appropriate FieldFox Firmware Update link on the previous page to download the FFox_A.09.xx.ffp file to a PC and then copy the file to FieldFox folder directory of the USB flash drive.
- Check the content of the USB flash drive - If the USB flash drive is G: then check the firmware file within inside the FieldFox directory (folder) G:\FieldFox\.
NOTE: The FieldFox directory (folder) must contain the firmware file.
- Connect the AC/DC power adapter or confirm that the battery power is greater than 30%.
- Press the FieldFox white power button and select [Shut Down] to turn the unit OFF (not Stand By mode).
- Insert the USB flash drive in one of the FieldFox USB connectors.
Note: insert only one USB flash drive when updating firmware.
- Press the FieldFox white power On button.
- After FieldFox is powered-up, continue with the following steps below:
- — Press System 7
— Then System Configuration.
— Then More
— Then Firmware Update
— Then Start Installer
— The Installer software opens after a couple of seconds.
If no files are displayed, verify that a USB memory or SD Card is installed and press Refresh List.
- — Then move the UP/DOWN arrows or the knob to scroll to the firmware you want to install.
— Press Start Install
— “Current Step Progress:” bar and a “Total Progress:” bar are displayed along with this message: “Copying package. Do not remove install media.”
— When the installation is completed, the FieldFox reboots.
- Important: Do not power OFF during the firmware update process. Use the AC/DC adapter if battery power is low.
- — Press System 7
- If prompted to remove the USB flash drive, do so. If there is no prompt to remove the USB flash drive and a new Firmware Update screen is displayed then press the Cancel key and remove the USB flash drive. The FieldFox application will start to load. The FieldFox may shut down and restart automatically. If the FieldFox shuts down and does not restart automatically, restart manually.
- Wait for the FieldFox to enter normal operation in its default measurement mode before pressing any keys.
- To check the firmware release revision, press System (7), press Service Diagnostics, then press System Information.
Troubleshooting the Firmware Update process
If the firmware update process fails, try using a different USB flash drive. Some USB flash drives are not compatible with the FieldFox, refer to the FAQ.