Industry’s highest sensitivity
- Minimum current range of 50 uA
- Maximum current range of 5 A
- Wide dynamic range of >20,000:1 or 86 dB
• 3 MHz - zoom-out channel
• 500 kHz - zoom-in channel
See the details without losing sight of the big picture
- Ideal for capturing and analyzing low level current flow in the DUT to characterize sub-circuits or measure current consumption of wireless battery-powered devices or integrated circuits
- Simultaneous high- and low- gain views of the current waveform for more precise wide dynamic range measurement
- Probe accessories included with the probe or orderable separately: interchangeable sensor heads, MBB receptacles, headers and hook-up wires.
As modern battery-powered devices and integrated circuits become more green and energy efficient, there is a growing need to make high-sensitivity, low-level current measurements to ensure the current consumption of these devices is in acceptable limits. The N2820A high-sensitivity probe is engineered to make high-dynamic-range, high-sensitivity measurements to meet today’s challenging current measurement needs.
The ultra-sensitive N2820A AC/DC current probe can support measurements from 50 uA to 5 A on Keysight oscilloscopes. The N2820A interface uses a make-before-break (MBB) connector, allowing you to quickly probe multiple locations on your DUT without having to solder or unsolder the leads.
The N2820A 2-channel current probe connects to two oscilloscope channels to provide simultaneous low- and high-gain views for wider dynamic range measurement, while the N2821A 1-channel current probe provides one user-selectable view at a time.
Use in combination with the Infiniium S-Series high definition oscilloscopes for the ultimate high-sensitivity measurement solution. Use an area-under-the-curve measurement (Charge) on Infiniium oscilloscopes where you can easily calculate the integrated current consumptions over time in Coulombs.
Featured Resources for N2820A High Sensitivity AC/DC Current Probe (2-Channel), 3 MHz, 50 uA
Data Sheets 2019.03.29
N2820A/21A High-Sensitivity, High Dynamic Range Current Probes
Application Notes 2017.11.30
New Probing Technology : Wide Dynamic Range & High Sensitivity
Application Notes 2014.08.02
Temperature Chamber Testing with Extreme Temperature Active Probe
Application Notes 2016.07.13
Maximizing Battery Life of IoT Smart Devices
Application Notes 2021.05.30
Battery Drain Analysis for Low Power IoT Devices
Application Notes 2018.09.10
How to Select the Right Oscilloscope Current Probe
Keysight Low-Power Consumption Test Solutions
User Manuals 2019.11.18
N2820/1A High-Sensitivity Current Probes User's Guide
Oscilloscope Probes Selection Guide
View All Resources