D9050CEIC Electrical TX Test SW for OIF-CEI-112G-PAM4 (VSR/MR/LR)
OIF CEI-112G-VSR-PAM4 specifies a 112 Gb/s PAM4 electrical interface for use in the range 36 to 58 GBaud Data Center Interconnect systems. D9050CEIC is a Keysight UXR oscilloscope-based conformance test automation package for physical layer electrical validation and debug of CEI-112G-VSR-PAM4 designs.
Comprehensive measurement and debug solution
- Characterizes 112Gbps OIF CEI VSR, MR and LR reaches of the Common Electrical Interface specification.
- Performs nearly 140 tests
- Key measurement includes 120 edge Output Jitter (Jnu, JRMS, EOJ), SNDR & Eye-opening (EH, EW, VEC)
Flexible and extensible
- Operates on an a UXR oscilloscope
- Automatic HTML report generation
- Test all or selected parameters to compliance limits or custom limits
- UXR product series operating at and above 50GHz:
- 50 GHz: UXR0502A, UXR0504A
- 59 GHz: UXR0592A, UXR0592AP, UXR0594A, UXR0594AP
- 70 GHz: UXR0702A, UXR0702AP, UXR0704AP
- 80 GHz: UXR0802A, UXR0804A,
- 100 GHz: UXR1002A, UXR1004A, UXR1102A, UXR1104A
The Keysight D9050CEIC TX test application can be used with Infiniium UXR-Series Oscilloscopes to quickly and accurately perform electrical (physical layer) conformance measurements in accordance with:
- CEI-112G-VSR-PAM4, CEI-112G-LR-PAM4, CEI-112G-MR-PAM4 36.0 to 58.0 GBaud Phy Validation.
- CEI-112G-VSR, -MR, and -LR are variable rate electrical bus standards operating flexibly from 72 - 116Gbps. The three primary reaches are Long Reach (LR), Medium Reach (MR) and Very Short Reach (VSR). These all have similar IEEE 802.3ck clauses and track those test requirements for 100Gb/s, 200 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s Operation.
The D9050CEIC application simplifies complex 112Gbps OIF CEI transmitter physical layer measurements:
- Performs automated adaptive Reference Receiver auto-tune operations
- Evaluates Signal-to-Noise Distortion Ratio and Jitter calculations
- Saves time in understanding details of standards
- Reduces the time it takes to characterize your PAM4 design from hours to minutes
- Helps debug your device using custom configurations
- Allows you to quickly generate HTML reports that summarize the performance of your device
Key measurements include:
- Jitter Measurements including Jnu, JRMS, and EOJ on “12-edges” of a PRBS13Q
- Output Waveform measurements including Steady-State Voltage (Vf), Linear Fit Pulse Peak and Signal-to-Noise-and-Distortion (SNDR)
- Transition Time
- Eye Width, Eye Height & Vertical Eye Closure
- Effective Return Loss
For a comprehensive and up-to-date list of specific tests covered by the application, download and install the D9050CEIC free time trial onto a UXR instrument.
Get a 30-day trial license for D9050CEIC. The D9050CEIC MultiScope application is enabled with a license file on the computer running the N8900A Infiniium Offline oscilloscope analysis software, so there are no setup files to download and install.
Interested in a D9050CEIC?
Extend the Capabilities of Your D9050CEIC
Data Sheets 2021.09.30
Application Notes 2021.05.28
Conformance Testing of 800G Ethernet Links for the Data Center