Command Expert 2017 Release Notes
About Command Expert
Keysight's Command Expert software combines instrument commands, documentation, syntax checking, command execution, and code generation all in one simple interface. Command Expert works with instruments that use Standard Commands for Programmable Instrumentation (SCPI), IVI-C, IVI-COM, or IVI.NET drivers.
Command Expert generates a SCPI.NET driver for each SCPI command set you install, for use in Visual Studio applications.
Command Expert Add-ons let you use Command Expert for easy instrument control in Excel, LabVIEW, MATLAB, Python, SystemVue, VEE, and Visual Studio.
What's In Command Expert 2017?
New Development Environment Support
- MATLAB R2017a
New Code Generators
- Excel VBA code generation for IVI-C drivers
Other changes and features
- Adds support for IVI.NET drivers
- Installs .NET 4.5.2 instead of .NET 3.5.
- Projects using SCPI.NET drivers will need to target .NET 4.5.2 or later.
- Visual Studio Add-on drops support for Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010
To see which SCPI instruments are supported, use the Manage Command Sets dialog box in the Command Expert application, or visit the list of Command Expert command sets.
Command Expert also lets you control instruments using IVI-COM, IVI-C, and IVI.NET drivers.
Last Updated: March 8, 2017