Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel DAQ Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter / Device Analyzers and Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources, and Power Supplies
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test and Security
- Network Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
- Overview and Features
- Post-Purchase Upgrades
- Displays logic analyzer traces at a protocol level
- Supports TBI (ten bit interface), requires access to TBI Bus Port
- Supports Ethernet protocol
- Refer to the user guide for more information
The N4212A gigabit ethernet protocol analysis tool is optional software that adds protocol-based display and error detection capabilities to the logic analyzer. This tool helps you look at data traveling across gigabit ethernet TBI (Ten Bit Interface) buses in high level format. The tool decodes 8B/10B encoded data on the 10-bit parallel TBI data bus and creates protocol listings. It does not work with 10-bit buses whose data has already been decoded in hardware.
The gigabit ethernet protocol analysis tool decodes a number of pre-defined protocols (including most of the internet protocol stack). You can modify these predefined protocol definitions and add proprietary ones if necessary.
All TBI interface traffic is time-stamped in the logic analyzer for time-correlation measurements with other system buses such as a microprocessor, memory interface, network processors, etc.