Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel DAQ Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test + Security
- Network Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Overview and Features
- Post-Purchase Upgrades
Release A and Release B support for design and verification test
- Single carrier Release B MCTAP functionality with E1966A-102
- FTAP/RTAP, FETAP/RETAP, and FMCTAP/RMCTAP call processing for physical layer testing of 1xEV-DO Release 0, Release A, and Release B wireless access terminals
- Release B multi-carrier and optional DRC (including 64QAM) for up to 4.9 Mbps (with one test set) or 14.7 Mbps (with three test sets) forward link over FMCTAP/RMCTAP
- Packet error rate at all QPSK, 8PSK, 16QAM, and 64QAM forward link modulation modes supported in 1xEV-DO Release 0, Release A, and Release B standards
Support all commercialized bands
- Bands 0, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, 19 and 30
- Additional Band class 0 channel for China Telecomm
Single channel GPS source
- Simulates one satellite for calibration of UE’s built-in GPS receiver. Requires an additional E1966A-206 license
Other advanced capabilities are available with the E1966A(U) feature options
- Protocol logging,
- multi-unit synchronization
E1966A 1xEV-DO terminal test application, which runs on the industry-standard 8960 Series 10 (E5515C/E) wireless communications test set, delivers comprehensive call processing and RF parametric test capability to verify the RF performance of your 1xEV-DO wireless access terminals. The E1966A is developed to meet the needs of high-volume manufacturing, wireless RF device development, and service and repair.
Based on the high performance E5515C/E test set, you gain the additional benefits of extremely fast measurement speed, ease of programming, accuracy, reliability, and worldwide service and support. These proven features help you shorten test development time, increase throughput, and minimize support costs. We will help you protect your investment by meeting your test needs now and into the future. The E1966A is continuously updated to add test capabilities to best address the cellular device market trends, such as 1xEV-DO Release A and Release B.
The E1966A is the first-to-market with support for 1xEV-DO Release B MCTAP and Optional DRC (including 64QAM). This functionality provides R&D engineers with standardized RF parametric tests for Release B, ensuring that components are designed to handle the more stringent modulation requirements. Manufacturers can easily expand their existing 1xEV-DO production tests to include Release B. Single carrier Release B MCTAP functionality can be added with the E1966A-102 Release A feature option; two or three carrier Release B MCTAP functionality requires feature option E1966A-103.
Easily upgrade the 8960 Series 10 (E5515C) for testing multiple technologies
For cdma2000®/1xEV-DO dual mode device test, simply add both the E1966A 1xEV-DO test application and the E1962B cdma2000/IS-95/AMPS test application to the E5515C. Or, if you do not already own an E1962B or E1966A, order the E1996A cdma2000/1xEV-DO test application suite and save!
The 8960 can fast switch between all major 2G/3G/3.5G wireless formats for multi-format mobile device testing. See Related Software Products for other test application formats.