The 802.11ax analog baseband IQ test solution combines RF and baseband signal generators and analyzers to enable testing of RFICs with analog baseband IQ interfaces. To test the Tx path, use the AWG to generate the baseband signal for input to the RFIC, and measure the RF output from the DUT with the RF analyzer. To test the Rx path, generate the RF signal with the M9421A VXT for input to the RFIC, and measure the baseband output from DUT with the digitizer.
The solution provides software that fully supports required 802.11ax test parameters. With the N7617B Signal Studio for WLAN, users can generate waveforms for all HE PPDU formats, with flexible resource unit (RU) configurations for multi-user OFDMA, long OFDM symbols for extended range PPDU, and dual carrier modulation (DCM). The Y9077B allows unlimited playback of Signal Studio WLAN waveform files, and the analysis software provides automatic demodulation of single and multi-user signals, displaying results for each user’s RU allocation. The Y9077B-QFP/QTP license enables baseband IQ capability, and the system software facilitates the configuration and control of the baseband and RF hardware for signal generation and analysis.
RF and analog baseband inputs and outputs for RFIC test
- System includes arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) and digitizer for analog IQ signal generation and analysis, with differential baseband IQ interface
- Combine with M9421A VXT module to provide RF vector signal generator and analyzer for RF testing
System components and performance characteristics
- M9421A VXT covers 60 MHz to 6 GHz with up to 160 MHz bandwidth, with source EVM < -50 dB and receiver EVM < -49 dB (nominal) for 80 MHz 802.11ax at 5.8 GHz
- M3201A AWG has a max sampling rate of 500 MSa/s, 200 MHz RF bandwidth, 16-bit resolution, two differential or four single-ended channels, and up to 2 GB memory
- M3102A digitizer has a max sampling rate of 500 MSa/s, 200 MHz RF bandwidth, 14-bit resolution, two differential or four single-ended channels, and up to 2 GB memory.
- EVM < -55 dB for 80 MHz 802.11ax with baseband IQ
802.11ax WLAN signal generation and analysis software
- Y9077B WLAN Measurement and Waveform Application enables playback of waveform files created with the N7617B Signal Studio for WLAN software and modulation analysis of 802.11a/b/g/n/j/p/ac/ah/ax formats
- Y9077B-QFP/QTP license enables WLAN baseband IQ measurements
- Software supports creation and analysis of signals for single and multi-user 802.11ax for both downlink and uplink, including OFDMA and MU-MIMO
- System software downloads waveform files and controls playback in the AWG and RF source, and captures IQ data with either the RF analyzer or digitizer for modulation analysis
Featured resources for the 802.11ax Analog Baseband IQ Test Solution
Related Products & Solutions
802.11ax Manufacturing Test Solutions
802.11ax MIMO Test Solution
M9421A VXT PXIe Vector Transceiver
M3102A PXIe Digitizer 500 MSa/s, 14 bit, 200 MHz