Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel DAQ Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test + Security
- Network Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Overview and Features
- Post-Purchase Upgrades
- Integration of automated control for selected high speed switching systems from Keysight and Bitifeye
- Integrated DUT control for endpoint or root complex devices using an 81150A or 81160A Pulse Function Arbitrary Noise Generator.
- Workshop compliance mode for automating PCISIG CEM compliance tests and report generation using Sigtest
- Test setup wizard guides you through test selection, configuration, connection, execution, and results reporting
- Measurement connection setups are displayed, and oscilloscope setup is automatically configured for each test
- Test results report documents test configuration, measurements made, pass/fail status, margin analysis, and waveforms, and a switching solution is available for automated multilane testing
- PCI Express® BASE 4.0 Transmitter Tests
- PCI Express® 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0 Reference Clock Tests
- PCI Express® 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 CEM and BASE spec tests
- PCI Express® SFF-8639 (U.2) endpoint and root complex tests.
- Consistent results with Sig Test for 1.0a, 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 for CEM (compliance) analysis
- Supports de-embedding of test fixtures and cables with the optional InfiniiSim Waveform Transformation Toolset
- PCI-SIG® compliance test fixtures
- Serial Data Analysis
- InfiniiSim Waveform Transformation Toolset (optional)
- PrecisionProbe oscilloscope cable and probe correction (optional)
- Use the User Defined Application tool (www.keysight.com/find/uda) to:
- Create and fully integrate custom tests, configuration variables, and connection instructions
- Insert external application calls into the run sequence, such as MATLAB scripts or your device controller
- Configure additional external instruments used in your test suite
The PCI Express electrical performance validation and compliance software provides you with a fast and easy way to verify and debug your PCI Express designs. The PCI Express electrical test software allows you to automatically execute PCI Express electrical tests for endpoints, root complex and new ASICs (chip level) and displays the results in a flexible report format. In addition to the measurement results, the report provides a margin analysis that shows how closely your device passed or failed each test.
The PCI Express electrical test software includes tests for verifying that your transmitter is compliant with the PCI Express 4.0 BASE specification at 16 GT/s which also includes uncorrelated jitter measurements and other tests while also offering updated PCIe 4.0 reference clock tests.
The PCI Express electrical test software utilizes the Q-domain approach (PCI Express 3.0 and 4.0 BASE specification) for 8G and 16G BASE jitter measurements and uses a Dual Dirac method for 5G jitter separation (described in the PCI Express 2.0 BASE and Card Electromechanical specifications). This ensures that your PCI Express TX measurements will have consistency with measurements made using the PCI-SIG’s standalone SigTest software.
For PCI Express 4.0 and PCI Express 3.0 measurements, the software incorporates new algorithms for calculating 16G and 8G specific BASE spec parameters including:
- TX unit interval
- Full swing TX voltage with no TxEQ
- Minimum swing during EIEOS for full swing
- TX uncorrelated total jitter
- TX uncorrelated deterministic jitter
- TX uncorrelated pulse width jitter
- TX deterministic DjDD uncorrelated pulse width jitter
- TX pseudo package loss
- De-emphasis and preshoot measurements for TXEQ presets (8G PCIe 3.0)
- TX DC common mode voltage
- TX AC common mode voltage
- TX absolute delta of DC common mode voltage
In addition to supporting PCIe 4.0 and PCIe 3.0 measurements, the PCI Express electrical performance validation and compliance software performs a wide range of legacy electrical tests as per the PCI Express 1.0a, 1.1, and 2.0 electrical specifications for new silicon, add-in cards, and motherboard systems as documented in chapter 4 of the base specification and section 4 of the Card Electromechanical specification. In addition to full swing (800 mV) testing, the software also supports testing for low-power, half-swing devices (400 mV) as per the PCI Express.
The PCI Express electrical performance validation and compliance software requires the high-speed serial data analysis software, one of the PCI-SIG approved compliance test fixtures for CEM or U.2 testing (CBB3 or CLB3 or the appropriate U.2 test fixtures), an Infiniium high performance real time oscilloscope, and at least two SMA/SMP cables or InfiniiMax active differential probes. Some of the measurements cannot be made with the PCI-SIG compliance test fixtures and may require you to build or otherwise acquire a custom test fixture. A custom fixture is typically needed when you are testing new silicon or custom ASIC.
NOTE: This product has a June 1, 2020 end of life and is replaced by D9040PCIC