Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm Your Country or Area
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel DAQ Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter / Device Analyzers and Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources, and Power Supplies
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test and Security
- Network Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
Explore by Use Case
Explore by Industry
Explore All Use Cases
What are you looking for?
Rechargeable batteries appear in all types of products from analytical electronic equipment to power tools and toys. Battery testing requirements for different battery types are basically the same. In general, the testing of a battery involves discharging it over a period of time to determine several specifications. This paper will concentrate on rechargeable or secondary battery testing and outlines 7 standard test procedures used in today’s demanding applications to verify certain electrical characteristics of secondary batteries.
Keysight Technologies, Inc. Electronic Loads are ideally suited for battery test applications. Their many features make the test system easy to configure and provide safe, reliable, and repeatable operation. 6060A electronic load can reliably draw up to 27 amperes, allowing the discharge of an 80 Ah battery to an end of discharge voltage (EODV) of 0.9 volts at a discharge rate of C/3.
Learn more about using an electronic load to discharge batteries of various chemistries and how to test battery cells down to an EODV of 0.9 volts with electronic loads.
- © Keysight Technologies 2000–2023
- Trademark Acknowledgements