Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm Your Country or Area
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel DAQ Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter / Device Analyzers and Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources, and Power Supplies
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test and Security
- Network Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
Explore by Use Case
Explore by Industry
Explore All Use Cases
What are you looking for?
Noise Figure Measurements: 10 Hints
Minimizing uncertainties in your noise figure measurement is important to detect weak incoming signals. The process of reducing noise figure begins with a solid understanding of the uncertainties in your components, subsystems and test setups.
The 10 hints presented in this paper will help minimize the uncertainties in your noise figure measurements — whether you are designing for good, better or best performance in your device. Key topics include how to select an appropriate noise source, guidelines for minimizing extraneous signals, methods to reduce mismatch uncertainties, how to avoid nonlinearities, account for path losses and many more.
In addition, this paper also includes a checklist to help you verify that all hints have been considered for a particular measurement. Download this paper today to learn how to make successful noise figure measurements, optimize test setups and identify unwanted sources of noise.
- © Keysight Technologies 2000–2023
- Trademark Acknowledgements