What are you looking for?
Complete Power Device Characterization to Guarantee that Your Circuits Work the First Time
The Keysight B1506A Power Device Analyzer / Curve Tracer for Circuit Design is a complete solution that can help power electronic circuit designers maximize the value of their power electronics products by enabling them to select the correct power devices for their applications. It can evaluate all relevant device parameters under a wide range of operating conditions, including IV parameters such as breakdown voltage and on-resistance, as well as three terminal FET capacitances, gate charge, and power loss. The B1506A Power Device Analyzer/Curve Tracer for Circuit Design meets and exceeds all curve tracer capabilities.
B1506A common features
- Wide operation range up to 3 kV/1500 A
- Fully automated fast thermal test from -50 °C to +250 °C
- Automatic power device (semiconductor and component) datasheet creation
- Auto record function to prevent data loss
B1506A IV package features
- Fully automated fast IV measurement (Ron, BV, Leakage, Vth, Vsat, etc) for both package and on-wafer devices
- Narrow IV pulse widths (down to 10 μs) to prevent device self-heating for revealing actual device performance
- Oscilloscope view (Time-domain view) to monitor actual voltage/current pulsed waveforms for accurate measurement
- Scalable configuration to add CV and Qg, to expand current range from 20A to 500 A, 1500 A
B1506A full package features
- All of the IV package features
- Measure transistor input, output and reverse transfer capacitances (Ciss, Coss, Crss, Cies, Coes, Cres) and gate resistance (Rg) at 3kV for package devices
- Gate charge (Qg) curve measurement for package devices
- Power loss (conduction, driving and switching loss) calculation
The B1506A has a wide range of capabilities that help it identify substandard devices under actual circuit operating conditions, including a wide voltage and current range (3 kV and 1500 A), a wide temperature measurement range (-50°C to +250°C), fast pulsing capability, and Sub-nA level current measurement resolution. Its unique software interface presents the user with a familiar device data sheet format that makes it easy to characterize devices without going through any formal training. Integrated switching circuitry within the test fixture supports fully automated testing, with the ability to automatically change between both high voltage and high current testing as well as between IV and CV measurements.
In addition, a unique plug-in style device test fixture socket adapter eliminates cable connection and other human-related errors. The B1506A also supports the complete automation of thermal characterization. This can be accomplished either through the integrated Thermostream control or via the Thermal Plate. Since the DUT is in close proximity to the B1506A’s measurement resources, the large parasitics caused by cable extensions leading to a temperature chamber do not exist.
For this reason, oscillation-free ultra-high currents of up to 1500 A can be accurately evaluated at both low and high temperatures.The B1506A’s capabilities revolutionize power electronics circuit design by both helping to maximize end product value and accelerating product development cycles.
The prices of the IV packages (H20, H50, H70) are comparable to those of conventional curve tracers, and with the B1506A you get additional advanced features. You can also upgrade any of the B1506A IV packages (H20, H50, H70) to either increase the current range or add CV/Qg measurement capability (options H21, H51, H71).
B1506A IV Package
- B1506A-H20 20 A / 3 kV IV measurement
- B1506A-H50 500 A / 3 kV IV measurement
- B1506A-H70 1500 A / 3 kV IV measurement
B1506A Full Package
- B1506A-H21 20 A / 3 kV IV, C-V and Gate charge measurement
- B1506A-H51 500 A / 3 kV IV, C-V and Gate charge measurement
- B1506A-H71 1500 A / 3 kV IV, C-V and Gate charge measurement
Interested in a B1506A?
Extend the Capabilities for your Power Device Analyzer / Curve Tracer for Circuit Design
Featured Power Device Analyzer Resources
Accessories Guide for the B1506A Power Device Analyzer / Curve Tracer for Circuit Design
Application Notes 2023.02.03
SiC MOSFET BTI-Vth Measurement for JEP184
Application Notes 2022.10.27
SiC MOSFET Vth Measurement for JEP183
User Manuals 2016.08.23
B1506A Operation Guide
User Manuals 2020.03.15
User's Guide for B1506A Power Device Analyzer for Circuit Design
White Papers 2014.10.20
Power Circuit Design Through Gate Charge Characterization
White Papers 2014.10.09
Precise Evaluation of Input, Output, and Reverse Transfer Capacitances of Power Devices
Article Reprints 2016.03.17
Practical, Efficient and Safe Power Device Thermal Characterization with B1506A
B1506A Power Device Analyzer Product Brochure
Technical Overviews 2019.08.14
Challenges and Solutions for Power Electronics Testing Applications
Data Sheets 2023.03.27
B1506A Power Device Analyzer Datasheet
View All Resources