Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel DAQ Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter / Device Analyzers and Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources, and Power Supplies
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test and Security
- Network Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
Explore by Use Case
Explore by Industry
- All Solutions
What are you looking for?
Why are Taps Critical to Network Visibility and Security?
The first building-block to your visibility architecture is access to the data. That comes in one of two forms: a network tap or a switch port analyzer (SPAN) port (also known as port mirroring). But which is the right one? This document should help answer that question. These days, your network is as important to your business as any other item—including your products.
Whether your customers are internal or external, you need a dependable and secure network that grows with your business. Without one, you are dead in the water. IT managers have a nearly impossible job. They must understand, manage, and secure the network all the time against all problems. Anything less than a 100 percent working network is a failure.
- © Keysight Technologies 2000–2023
- Trademark Acknowledgements