- Aerospace and Defense
- Electronic test
- 18 total slots including PXIe controller and timing module slots
- 16 PXIe Hybrid Slots
- 858 W total DC power (220-240V input) and 42 W/ slot cooling
- Advanced PCIe switch fabric that operates up to Gen 2 speeds and provides 12 x4 and 4 x8 links to module slots
- Backplane speeds of up to 8 GB/s from an external controller to the PXIe module slots
- Innovative cooling design that allows chassis to fit into 4U of rack space in most cases
The M9018B chassis provides the ultimate in flexibility, compatibility, and performance. With 16 PXIe Hybrid slots, it allows the system designer to mix and match the number and location of PXIe and PXI-1 hybrid compatible modules essentially at will. It contains an advanced PCIe switch fabric that operates up to Gen 2 speeds and can be configured for optimal performance with most PXIe controller. The switch fabric is also configurable for peer-to-peer communications and any peripheral slot can communicate with any other peripheral slot without utilizing the system slot PCIe links. Combine the M9018B with the M9021A PCIe Cable Interface and M9048A PCIe Desktop Adaptor to achieve the highest system bandwidth.
The M9018B has an innovative cooling design which allows the chassis to fit into 4U of rack space in most cases. When combined with the latest 1U rack-mounted computer, a powerful system can be built in only 5U of rack space. Additionally, optional “air-inlet” modules can be used to supply more cool air from the front of the chassis.