Pathwave Advanced Design System (ADS) 2024 is engineered to enable multi-technology (RFIC, MMIC, antennas, packaging, PCBs, etc.) assembly and 3DEM-circuit-electro-thermal co-simulation for RF module design. New Python scripting automates and integrates ADS in multi-tool enterprise design flows.
PathWave Design 2024 for RF/Microwave Circuit and Module Design
- Development of Keysight EDA solutions is driven by the fast-emerging trend of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) that requires massive amount of user generated data to be processed by powerful cloud-based compute farms to provide AI enabled service back to the user.
- Sending that massive amount of data via 5G or 6G wireless links requires operating frequencies to go up to mmWave and sub-THz 250 GHz.
- Design of circuits and modules for handling high data throughput at these frequencies involves the tight integration of multiple technologies, e.g., Si, III-V, packaging, antennas and PCB.
- This high data throughput presents a discontinuity to RF/Microwave design workflows that necessitate heterogeneous integration of multiple tools to design these multi-technology products.
Watch videos from IMS 2023 in San Diego, CA
Daren McClearnon explains how four key enhancements to Keysight’s ADS 2024 software help drive denser, higher-performance MMIC and mmW Module designs for 5G and 6G.
Learn more about the PathWave ADS 2024 Product Release.
Daren McClearnon outlines the next generation of EDA challenges for 6G, as well as Keysight’s current approach for 5G FR2 and mmW Module design.
Learn more about Enhancing Sub-Terahertz RF EDA Workflows for 6G Challenges.
PathWave ADS 2024 for RF/Microwave design includes new and enhanced capabilities to address the key trends in the RF/Microwave industry:
- Multi-Technology Workflows for Heterogeneous Integration
- Python Enabled Automation for Optimizing Design Flows
- Faster, Higher Capacity 3DEM Simulation of Multi-Technology Integration
- Cloud High Performance Computing (HPC) for Accelerating Electro-Thermal (ETH) Circuit Simulation
- AI Driven Linear and Nonlinear Circuit Modeling from Measured or Simulated Data
Keysight ADS 2024 enables open millimeter wave design workflows through improvements to Smart Mount, PDKs and interoperability, and Layout Verification. New APIs enable targeted custom integrations and connect your product lifecycle from Concept to Physical Design to Validation and Test.
Multi-Technology Workflows for Heterogeneous Integration
- Smart Mount and 3D Multi-Technology Physical Assembly Management
- Module level physical verification LVS, LVL, DRC, ERC
- Integrated Circuit, Electromagnetic, Electro-Thermal, System and Statistical analysis
- Partnership with Ansys HFSS, Cadence, Synopsys and Siemens
Python Enabled Automation for Customizing Design Flows
- Enables ADS to be optimally integrated into multi-tool Enterprise design flows
- Adds user defined UI and custom functionality to ADS for design synthesis, data processing, instruments interface, AI/Machine Learning (ML) model training, etc.
- Supports Visual Studio for Python code development and debugging
- Partnership with foundries for mmWave design
Automate MMIC and Module workflows with expanded access to the inside of the ADS platform, and use the new interactive Python Console to drive innovation in modeling, AI/ML, and physical design.
See the benefits for 5G Power Amplifier designers: Integrating T&M instruments into the design flow; importing and designing with loadpull data; and turning just about any data into an executable simulation model using Artificial Neural Nets.
Keysight ADS 2024 enables robust, densely-packed mmW design for 5G, NTN, and emerging 6G applications through faster EM and Electro-thermal technology, accelerating design insights and lowering risk in challenging mmW applications.
Faster, Higher Capacity 3DEM Simulation of Multi-Technology Integration
- RFPro Momentum 5x to 15x speedup while preserving accuracy
- Handles up to 600 ports and very large via arrays with no loading or runtime penalty
- Intelligent mesh optimization around selected net from a large structure for efficient analysis
Learn more about RFPro
Cloud High Performance Computing (HPC) for Accelerating Electro-Thermal (ETH) Circuit Simulation
- Keysight ETH simulation provides the industry’s highest spatial temperature resolution for the most accurate and reliable circuit analysis in tightly integrated 3D modules
- Swept ETH circuit simulation can be parallelized to run on HPC with 10x typical speedup
- Dynamic ETH model generation and reuse speeds up Transient and Envelope ETH circuit simulation by 10x to 100x
Learn how Electro-Thermal Simulators and Circuit Simulators coupled with HPC Accelerators, when used all in one bundle can significantly enhance the accuracy, efficiency, and speed of your circuit and electrothermal simulations.
Python scripting opens the powerful ADS RF/Microwave design platform for adding custom capabilities, automation and integration. This example shows the creation of a nonlinear simulation model for use in ADS by training an artificial neural network (ANN) using measured or simulated graphical data with Python automation. It allows ADS to use this AI/ML technique to dramatically increase simulation coverage with new models.
AI Driven Linear and Nonlinear Circuit Modeling from Measured or Simulated Data
- Use Python based Artificial Neural Network (ANN) modeling framework from Keysight proprietary DynaFET that is open for you to build your own nonlinear circuit simulation models
- Train and create AI behavioral nonlinear models for circuit simulation from published datasheet, measured or simulated data
- Ensure that you always have a valid simulation model
Using AI to Create a Simulation Model
Part 1: Artificial Neural Network (ANN) Model Extraction
Part 3: Using a Model for Advanced Emulation
Part 2: Adapting a Model to an RF Simulation
Connecting ADS to PNA-X Using Python
RF/Microwave Circuit Design News
- Keysight, Synopsys, and Ansys Accelerate RFIC Semiconductor Design with New Reference Flow for TSMC’s Advanced 4nm RF FinFET Process
- Keysight Introduces PathWave Design 2024 with Automation and Collaboration Support for Enterprise EDA Workflows
- Keysight Introduces PathWave ADS 2024 to Accelerate 5G mmWave Design and Pioneer 6G Development
Keysight EDA Software for RF/Microwave Design
Case Studies 2023.06.06
mmWave RF Driver Amplifiers with Better Engineered Tradeoffs
Case Studies 2023.05.24
Creating Highly Efficient and Reliable mmWave Power Amplifiers
Case Studies 2023.03.06
Predicting Ka-band Transceiver Thermal Margins, Wear, and Lifespan
Case Studies 2021.04.22
Driving Innovation Shortens Design Cycle by 65% for First-to-Market MEMS RF Switch