Getting ready for the 5G rollout is a significant challenge for all. By scaling up your skills with the newest technologies, you will make sure to gain technical advantages in this fast-paced industry.
In comparison with the prior cellular generations, 5G New Radio (NR) is a fast-evolving standard designed to cover a broad set of use cases – enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB), ultra-reliable low latency communication (URLLC), and massive machine communication (mMTC). The protocol layers are being redesigned, and frequency ranges adjusted to permit higher data rates, lower latency, and better efficiency.
5G NR has the potential to dramatically expand the capacity of cellular communications with the introduction of the use of millimeter-wave and beamforming. As engineers we are operating at higher frequencies (officially named FR2 – for Frequency Range Two), we now must consider non-conductive, over‑the‑air (OTA) measurements.
In this 5G Boot Camp, you will learn the new paradigms defined by 3GPP Rel 15/16 and the critical implications for engineers working on components, user equipment (UE), and network infrastructure. You will explore new approaches to overcome the major challenges in both sub-6 GHz and mmWave spectrum via case studies for signal quality, MIMO/beamforming, OTA test, channel characterization, network emulation, UE testing, and field test.
We are confident that you will leave the 5G Boot Camp with valuable insights that will help you prepare for developing and deploying products across the 5G ecosystem.
Dates and Locations
Wednesday December 4
Qorvo Denmark ApS
Aalborg Region, Denmark
All seats taken
5G NR TECHNOLOGIES OVERVIEW
- Technology Overview and Timelines
- NR Non-standalone and Standalone
- Carrier Aggregation and Bandwidth Adaptation
- Numerology and Frame Structure
- Waveforms and Modulations
- Protocol Structure, Layers, Signals and Channels
- Beams, Beamforming and Beam Management
- Initial Access Procedure, Example Call Flows
- Network Architecture, Deployment Options
- New Features Coming in Rel 16
* Agenda may vary depending on location
KEY MEASUREMENT CHALLENGES AND CASE STUDIES
- Market Trends, 5G NR Specifications, Implications, and Timing
- 5G NR Signal Quality
- MIMO and Beamforming
- Connect Design and Test
- Evolution from Cabled to Radiated Requirements
Q&A / Break
- Characterizing the Channel
- 5G NR Network Emulation and UE testing
- Field Testing, Drive Test