How to Use Hawkeye
Hawkeye is easy to setup and use. First, choose between Hawkeye classic or Hawkeye Express
- Hawkeye classic — Setup a server on-premises or in your private cloud or public cloud (aka your own infrastructure). The server is available as a virtual appliance.
- Hawkeye Express — Create an account online and subscribe to the software service with a fully flexible subscription program.
Regardless of which option you choose, Hawkeye has an easy to use web-interface, through which users login to configure their endpoints, their monitoring profiles, and get access to analytics on real-time dashboards.
With Hawkeye's ability to manage hundreds of endpoints anywhere in the world, you have the flexibility to proactively monitor every aspect of your network. Determine what types of endpoints you need and how to strategically deploy them at various locations:
- Customer premises
- Remote sites and head offices
- Network aggregation points (PEs)
- Core network, MPLS routers
- Data centers
- Cloud services geo-locations (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, virtual machines, and servers)
Leverage Hawkeye's software, hardware, and virtual endpoints. Connect through wireline, Wi-Fi, or cellular.
Once endpoints are setup, proactive monitoring profiles can be configured. Synthetic traffic is insert into live networks based on these profiles to keep a pulse on what is happening in the network and what users are experiencing.
Inject real traffic into the network continuously based on schedules, between nodes or in a mesh:
- Conduct distributed tests with on-premises or off-premises (i.e., cloud servers)
- Verify fixes put in place in your network in real-time with Pass/Fail
- Find network or application faults quicker with interval testing throughout the day, the week, the month
- Track services and network trends proactively based on time-of-day, day-of-week of services
Get instant visibility of your network performance gaps via notifications, dashboards, and maps. See real-time, instant results as well as historical results to track problems and performance. Hawkeye provides
- Automated alerts so you can quickly resolve any issues
- Product views, so you can quickly identify pain points
- Access from anywhere, so you always have visibility
- Detailed drill downs by location, call/transaction, or specific metric type
Hawkeye endpoints can be deployed at many locations and used to perform node to node tests and real service tests. It is this flexibility that makes Hawkeye ideal for Network, Web and Application and WiFi monitoring. To proactively monitor your network the right combination of endpoints and tests must be deployed.
- Endpoints for Windows, iOS, Linux, Mac, Docker, Cloud and more!
- Cloud endpoints deploy with a click in Hawkeye Express
The table below summarizes available endpoints available. To learn more or if you would like a specialist to determine what is best for your proactive monitoring needs Contact Us.
|Node to Node||Real Service|
|Application & Web Monitoring||X|
|Application & Web Monitoring||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Fail to Wire||X|
|NetStack, PacketStack, AppStack||X|
|Software||X * OVA, AWS, AMI||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Interfaces||4*10G (SFP+), 6*1G BASE-T, 2*1G BASE-T, 1*USB, 1*RJ45||2*1G||1*FE, 1 Wi-Fi 2,4Ghz, 5Ghz, AC||2 GE active by default (up to 6)||Ethernet, Virtual||Ethernet, Virtual||Public Cloud||Ethernet, Wifi, Virtual, Mobile, Wireless|
|Data Sheet||Download||Download||Download||Upon Request|
|Download||In the Application||In the Application||Install from Application||Google Playstore||iTunes||Ixia Support||Ixia Support||Ixia Support|