Confirm Your Country or Area
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel Data Acquisition Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test
- Network Security + Visibility
- Additional Products
- KeysightCare Service and Support
- KeysightAccess Service
- Calibration Services
- Repair Services
- Technology Refresh Services
- Test as a Service (TaaS)
- Test Asset Management and Optimization
- Network/Security Services
- Consulting Services
- Financial Services
- Education Services
- Infoline Support Portal
- Used Equipment
- All Services
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Success Stories
- Validate 5G RAN functionality by assessing full protocol stack from Layer 1 to Layer 7
- Perform service quality validation with subscriber modeling, and multiplay voice, video, and data traffic generation
- Functional testing – layer by layer testing – up to 10 UEs
- Load testing of 5G-RAN – NSA and SA modes
- Compact footprint with potential to grow up to 4,000 UEs
- Test complex mobility scenarios
- 3GPP R15, FR1 (Sub6 GHz), up to 4xCC, up to 4x4 MIMO
- Flexible, modular, and scalable to support different split architecture of 5G-RAN
Challenge: Capturing the Promises of 5G-RAN
5G New Radio (NR) is the new technology specification for an OFDM-based physical air interface. 5G NR is not an evolution of 4G (LTE). It is required to achieve the extreme bandwidth, low latency, and massive scalability requirements of 5G.
5G NR is expected to make wireless broadband performance the same as wired — “Wireless Fiber” to deliver a lower cost per bit. As 5G standards evolve, it is important to perform continuous standards conformance testing to accelerate innovation.
Testing 5G devices, equipment, and networks with complete confidence requires careful planning, well-thought-out test plans, a performance benchmarking strategy, test automation, and reporting. This will eliminate any surprises when accelerating the deployment of 5G-related products and services.
Solution: 5G NR UE Emulation for Functional Layer-by-Layer Testing Load/Scale/Performance Testing
Keysight’s XAir3 fixed chassis (appliance) provides 5G NR user equipment (UE) emulation that enables a powerful Layer 1 to 7 test solution.
With complex UE modeling, it offers realistic and easily-configured traffic models and call patterns. Using IxLoad’s real-world subscriber modeling, testers do not need to be protocol experts to develop test realism.
From a single tool, users can perform capacity tests, detail a cell throughput, measure voice and video quality, and model a wide variety of mobility scenarios.
Data Sheets 2019.02.07
5G RAN Testing