The PROPSIM Channel Emulation Solution enables users to evaluate the end-to-end performance of mobile ad-hoc networks (MANET) and mesh radio systems under real-world radio propagation conditions. As a standard and waveform agnostic test solution, it supports all proprietary systems.
Technological advancements, such as MIMO and beamforming, combined with the increased complexity in wireless military communication systems, have accelerated the need to test large mesh network topologies with dynamically changing radio channel and interference conditions. This is why Keysight’s PROPSIM Channel Emulation Solution supports:
- Mesh configurations of up to 64 radios in a single unit for testing large SISO and MIMO mesh network topologies.
- Full range of operating frequencies from HF up to 6 GHz.
- PROPSIM Channel Emulation Solution combines with Keysight’s E7770A Common Interface Unit to extend the frequency to 6-12GHz bands.
- Up to 1.2 GHz of instantaneous bandwidth to test ultra-wideband gigabit links.
- From 2 to 16 radios with PROPSIM FS16 and from 8 to 64 radios with PROPSIM F64.
- End-to-end performance and interoperability testing of mission critical tactical wireless communication systems.
- High-performing, network level channel emulation to easily replicate field-testing conditions in a repeatable way.
- The ability to test the functionality of critical communication networks using a hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test bed with full control over the key parameters including Doppler shift, delay, and phase.
Solution Briefs 2020.12.16
PROPSIM MANET Channel Emulation Solution
Data Sheets 2021.06.02
PROPSIM F64 Radio Channel Emulator F8800A
Data Sheets 2020.03.11
PROPSIM FS16 RF Channel Emulator F8820A