Keysight Launches New Signal Analyzer to Accelerate Innovation in Wireless Communications
Delivers superior phase noise at higher frequencies and accelerates workflows
SANTA ROSA, Calif., March 2, 2020
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS), a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world, today launched the Keysight N9021B MXA X-Series Signal Analyzer which provides design validation and manufacturing engineers with superior phase noise performance at higher frequencies, and includes software that improves workflows while meeting 3GPP 5G new radio (NR) compliance standards.
Industries from wireless to satellite communications require wider analysis bandwidth to meet demands for higher data throughput. As higher bandwidth technologies such as 5G NR move into mainstream, engineers need tools for design validation and manufacturing that offer the accuracy, speed, and bandwidth to accelerate device development.
The new Keysight N9021B MXA X-Series Signal Analyzer offers an enhanced frequency sweep algorithm, accelerating test time improvements with uncompromising performance. It provides radio frequency (RF) and millimeter-wave (mmWave) analysis to address the needs of engineers designing and delivering high-frequency new-generation wireless devices, including:
- Advancing wireless and satellite communications design verification and manufacturing with the widest analysis bandwidth in its class and superior phase noise performance at high frequencies
- Eliminating the complexity of challenging signals by combining real-time spectrum analyzer (RTSA) with Keysight's PathWave 89600 VSA software
- Capturing measurement expertise and delivering repeatable results with industry-proven PathWave X-Series Measurement Applications
- Maximizing the flexibility of test assets with a wide variety of PathWave X-Series Applications offering licensing terms that enable application sharing between X-Series signal analyzers and PXIe instruments
"Engineers need a test and measurement solution that addresses the signal analysis needs for a diverse set of wireless devices and systems, and provides the performance required to make rapid, accurate and repeatable measurements across both RF and mmWave frequencies," stated Joe Rickert, vice president and general manager of high frequency measurement R&D for Keysight's communications solutions group. "Keysight's new MXA X-Series Signal Analyzer enables these engineers to overcome the challenges in identifying signals at higher frequencies and offers wider bandwidth to meet a breadth of wireless application test requirements."
The new N9021B MXA X-Series Signal Analyzer offers the following key features:
- Frequency range of 10 Hz – 50 GHz meeting specification requirements for both 5G NR FR1 and FR2
- Signal detection with extended analysis bandwidth up to 510 MHz and better than 72 dB spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR)
- Best-in-class RF performance with a single sideband (SSB) phase noise -129 dBc/Hz (1 GHz, 10 kHz offset) for better EVM measurements (5G NR EVM less than 1%)
- Full-band real-time spectrum analysis (RTSA) to capture elusive or transient signals
- Fast, accurate signal and spectrum measurements to increase throughput and yield while minimizing cost in 5G manufacturing
Pricing and availability
Keysight's N9021B MXA X-Series Signal Analyzer is available now at a starting price of US $ 105,220.00
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS) is a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world. Keysight's solutions optimize networks and bring electronic products to market faster and at a lower cost with offerings from design simulation, to prototype validation, to manufacturing test, to optimization in networks and cloud environments. Customers span the worldwide communications ecosystem, aerospace and defense, automotive, energy, semiconductor and general electronics end markets. Keysight generated revenues of $4.3B in fiscal year 2019. More information is available at www.keysight.com.
# # #