- Click the Download button.
- Save the firmware file to your computer and note the directory where the file is saved. Firmware updates installed over the LAN, GPIB, or USB interface are files with .upd extensions.
- Unzip the file to access the .upd file. For updates using a front panel USB drive, the utility extracts the required files from the (unzipped) .upd file.
- If not currently installed, download and install the Firmware Update Utility.
From the utility directory or Start menu, start the utility (FWUpdate.exe). The utility will prompt you for the location of the .upd file. Follow the additional prompts to complete the installation.
If updating from the LAN, USB, or GPIB interface the instrument address is required. With the instrument turned on, pressing Help – About displays the addresses.
The update may take several seconds to complete and will reboot the instrument. After the update is complete, exit the utility.
It is not necessary to re-calibrate the instrument following a firmware-update; however, the instrument may need to be re-secured if it was unsecured to perform the update.
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 10
- Before downgrading, check the current firmware revision installed (Help – About).
- Revision A.03.01-1909.4210-1.19 and below can be downgraded to the previous (posted) revision (3.00). Revision A.03.01-1909.4210-3.15 cannot be downgraded, and future revisions (updates) above that can only be downgraded to A.03.01.
- Disable Calibration Security. Press Utility - Cal/AutoCal. "Calibration UNLOCKED" must be displayed for updates to occur. If calibration is "LOCKED" enter security code from front panel and press Unlock Cal.
- Factory-set security code is 'AT532x0A' where 'x' is 1, 2, or 3 depending on the instrument model. The code may have been changed from its factory setting. Counter must not be in 531xxA (SCPI) emulation mode. Pressing any key will indicate if this mode is set. Cycle power to return the counter to its main (53200A) mode.