The following improvements have been made in firmware release 4.00:
• Sweep functionality has been changed. The return-phase (if one is programmed) operates in the same type/spacing as sweep-phase.
• Sweep marker defect has been fixed. In previous revision, the sweep sync output did not work in “marker” mode if the sweep was a down-sweep.
• Sweep-type state recall defect has been fixed. The defect occurred because the front-panel instrument model differs from the SCPI/ remote programming model.
• Changes has been made in how limits are applied and when they are reported to the user. Minor improvements on the attempts to detect unreachable frequency/time combinations and respond by forcing the time settings to reachable values.
- Click the Download button.
- Save the firmware file to your computer and note the directory where the file is saved. Firmware updates installed over the LAN, GPIB, or USB interface are files with .upd extensions.
- Unzip the file to access the .upd file. For updates using a front panel USB drive, the utility extracts the required files from the (unzipped) .upd file.
- If not currently installed, download and install the Firmware Update Utility.
From the utility directory or Start menu, start the utility (FWUpdate.exe). The utility will prompt you for the location of the .upd file. Follow the additional prompts to complete the installation.
If updating from the LAN, USB, or GPIB interface the instrument address is required. With the instrument turned on, pressing Help – About displays the addresses.
The update may take several seconds to complete and will reboot the instrument. After the update is complete, exit the utility.
It is not necessary to re-calibrate the instrument following a firmware-update; however, the instrument may need to be re-secured if it was unsecured to perform the update.
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Prior to updating the firmware, 33500 Series Waveform Generators with Security Option SEC must have the security feature unlocked. To unlock instrument security, press:
System − Test/Admin – Security – Secure Code
and enter the security code. The security feature can also be unlocked using the command:
CALibration:SECurity:STATe OFF, security_code
The factory-set security code is 'AT33500' For additional security this code may have been changed from its factory setting.