Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel Data Acquisition Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test
- Network Security + Visibility
- Additional Products
- KeysightCare Service and Support
- KeysightAccess Service
- Calibration Services
- Repair Services
- Technology Refresh Services
- Test as a Service (TaaS)
- Test Asset Management and Optimization
- Network/Security Services
- Consulting Services
- Financial Services
- Education Services
- Keysight Support Portal
- Used Equipment
- All Services
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
To enable faster and more reliable mobile broadband communications in 5G, new technologies such as massive MIMO and beamforming are used to achieve extreme data throughputs. The introduction of these technologies is leading to new test demands, such as how to measure complex multi-antenna configurations – both on the network and on the device side. These new requirements pose significant challenges when measuring live networks to ensure 5G is delivering on its promise of high bandwidth, fast speeds, and low latency.
As mobile operators begin rolling out 5G technology, they need to understand the true coverage and quality of the network to ensure a successful 5G service launch. Cost pressures to continuously streamline both CAPEX and OPEX underline the need for innovative measurement solutions that not only meet the technical challenges of network and device technology, but can also scale as deployments grow beyond single site installations.
Mobile operators need to be able to:
- Validate the promise of 5G
- Use the latest 5G smartphones (and their own internal antennas)
- Measure true quality of the end user experience (QoE)
- Have a solution that enables them to scale according to their needs and live through generations of upcoming smartphones
How Does Keysight's Solution Solve the Problem?
A first-to-market solution developed specifically for 5G NR device technology, the new Nemo Intelligent Device Interface connects 4G and 5G smartphones to the Nemo Outdoor drive test solution and the Nemo Invex II benchmarking solution, enabling operators / service providers to:
- Validate and optimize the quality of their network, ensuring customer satisfaction and minimizing churn
- Benchmark their network to that of competitors'
The measurement solution gives the operators a complete set of network parameters and specific services measured. It enables the use of 5G NR and LTE-A devices with built-in antennas and versatile mounting solutions – indoors, inside the vehicle, and outside the vehicle.
Key Features and Business Benefits
The new Nemo Intelligent Device Interface offers:
- Optimized CAPEX with an all-in-one measurement platform with fully reusable and device agnostic solution, scaling from a single handheld unit to a large scale measurement system
- Increased reliability with a unique self-healing feature that ensures recovery and maximized uptime of measurement units – enabling OPEX savings due to less re-drives
- Faster time-to-market for 5G NR, ensuring superior quality of the end user experience, ultimately minimizing churn
Nemo Intelligent Device Interface is connected to Nemo Outdoor or Nemo Invex II (left). A smartphone is inserted in the Nemo Intelligent Device Interface (middle). The solution comes with a variety of accessories for easy and versatile installation (right).
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS) is a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world. Keysight's solutions optimize networks and bring electronic products to market faster and at a lower cost with offerings from design simulation, to prototype validation, to manufacturing test, to optimization in networks and cloud environments. Customers span the worldwide communications ecosystem, aerospace and defense, automotive, energy, semiconductor and general electronics end markets. Keysight generated revenues of $3.9B in fiscal year 2018. More information is available at www.keysight.com.
# # #
Geri Lynne LaCombe, Americas
+1 303 662–4748
Fusako Dohi, Asia
+81 42 660–2162