Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel DAQ Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test + Security
- Network Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Overview and Features
- Post-Purchase Upgrades
- Characterize probes and cables in five minutes or less without the need for extra equipment such as a VNA or TDR
- Quickly and accurately compensate for probe and cable loss, gaining you valuable margins
- Gain insight into the impedance/capacitance that defines your connection
- Ensures every probe has the same frequency response and phase for consistent measurements across multiple probes
- Provides simple automation for loss removal of switches
PrecisionProbe software allows quick characterization of your entire probe system (including cables and switches).
Gain confidence in your measurements by removing the unwanted impact of using probes, cables, fixtures, and switches. Benefit from consistent, reliable, and repeatability measurements independent of the connection method between your scope and your target system.
The software quickly (less than five minutes) and accurately characterizes the desired element in the system without adding more equipment.
How does Precision Probe work? 3 easy steps, to remove measurement inaccuracy from a BNC or SMA cable being used to route signals from a target system to your scope.
- Take a base measurement of a fast edge.
- Add the cable to the measurement path, and take a new measurement.
- The precision probe application calculates the transform function to apply to the 2nd measurement with the cable, to make the measurement identical to the initial base measurements. The scope applies this transform function continuously as you use this cable for other measurements. In just minutes, you’ve de-embedded the cable, without any additional equipment.
Now every probe and cable in the system can have the exact same response probe to probe or cable to cable, without the inaccuracies that using one model can produce. Custom probes can now be properly characterized and unwanted responses can be removed.
Not only does PrecisionProbe characterize the cables, it allows for immediate use on the same instrument. When combining PrecisionProbe with the 9000 and S-Series oscilloscopes, one can characterize their measuring system and be using it within five minutes without adding more complicated, expensive equipment.