Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Foundry Partners - Wolfspeed
Wolfspeed Provides PDKs for Keysight ADS — In this video, Jeremy Fisher, the Manager of the MMIC Design and Test Group, discusses how Wolfspeed partners with Keysight Technologies.
Electrothermal Simulation using the Wolfspeed ADS PDK — This is a short demonstration of how the Wolfspeed ADS PDK is configured to work with the ADS electrothermal simulator to co-simulate electrical and thermal performance. This allows designers to quickly understand the impact of thermal effects on their circuit designs, and account for those effects during the design process.
Broadband performance - Enables high power, multi-octave bandwidth amplifiers
Wolfspeed's GaN HEMT MMIC processes are available for MMIC development using full-wafer service (FWS) or a shared multi-project MASK SET (SM) fabrication service. The process features high-power density (4 Watts/mm) transistors, slot vias, high reliability up to 225ºC operating junction temperatures, and scalable unit cells (1 to 8mm/Cell). The value of such MMICs is more power bandwidth and higher efficiency within a smaller footprint compared to other MMIC technologies.
Wolfspeed has been assessed by the Department of Defense (DoD) to Manufacturing Readiness Level 8 and higher.
|Process Name||Process Description||Latest ADS Version Supported||Front/Back PDK||EM Substrate||MMIC Toolbar||DRC||LVS||Electro-Thermal|
|G28V3||0.4 µm GaN HEMT, 28 V||ADS 2023 Update 2||F/B||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|G50V3||0.4 µm GaN HEMT, 50 V||ADS 2023 Update 2
|G28V4||0.25 µm GaN HEMT, 28 V||ADS 2023 Update 2
|G28V5||0.15 µm GaN HEMT, 28 V||ADS 2023 Update 2
|G40V4||0.25 µm GaN HEMT, 40 V||ADS 2023 Update 2
|G50V4-1||0.25 µm GaN HEMT, 50 V||ADS 2023 Update 2||F/B||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
One-day Course on How to Design in the Wolfspeed FAB
- Register for WolfSpeed Foundry Training Course.
Free ADS Workspace Download
Using Simulation to Optimize the Performance of your Wolfspeed Parts
To help designers get the most out of Wolfspeed devices, Keysight Technologies has developed a free, downloadable ADS workspace with an instructional Application Note (publication number 5991-4154EN). Several load-pull and DC I-V simulations are included to help you determine ways to optimize and characterize your Wolfspeed part.
- Cree, Inc. Officially Changes Company Name to Wolfspeed, Inc., Marking Successful Transition to Global Semiconductor Powerhouse (Oct 04, 2021)
- Cree Announces Wolfspeed – the New Name for the Power and RF Business (September 2, 2015)
- Cree Releases Verilog-A RF Device Models to Accelerate GaN Adoption in 4G/LTE Telecom Infrastructure (June 19, 2012)
- Cree Announces Free Process Design Kit Update for Use with Keysight Technologies’ Advanced Design System to Develop GaN-on-SiC HEMT Devices (June 13, 2012)
- Cree Delivers GaN Process Design Kit for Use with Advanced Design System EDA Software—Shortens MMIC Design Cycles (June 13, 2008)
For more information, refer to Wolfspeed Foundry Services.