Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Whether you are new to high-speed digital design or a seasoned veteran, now is the perfect time to gain the knowledge to speed your time to test and boost your confidence in your digital designs.
View all four sessions where we cover:
- avoiding signal integrity problems with a network analyzer
- understanding the fundamentals of oscilloscopes and their applications
- creating complex and custom waveforms with an arbitrary waveform generator
- conducting accurate receiver validation tests with a BERT
If you have never attended our popular Back to Basics seminar, now is the perfect opportunity to do so – from the comfort of your home.
All Sessions Now Available On-Demand
Signal Integrity Measurements and Network Analysis
Session 1 of 4
Session one will briefly touch on transmission line fundamentals and then focus on practical ways to troubleshoot and improve physical layer components inside the internet infrastructure. Topics will include:
- differential s-parameters
- how mode conversion relates to crosstalk
- practical de-embedding methods to increase accuracy.
The session will conclude with a backplane design case study demonstration using a multiport vector network analyzer.
Fundamentals of Arbitrary Waveform Generation
Session 3 of 4
Session three gives an overview of the use and importance of an arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) and how to ensure you have the correct sampling rate and memory depth to meet your measurement needs. Topics will include:
- arbitrary waveform generation key specifications
- filtering and sampling rate importance
- generating signal impairments
- customization of your signal with an AWG
Fundamentals of Bit Error Ratio Testing
Session 4 of 4
Session four covers receiver testing using the Bit Error Ratio Tester (BERT). During this final Back to Basics session, topics will include:
- a BERT overview
- the BERT test setup
- how the data test pattern is stressed
- how to run a typical receiver test
Senior Field Applications Engineer
Applications Engineer and Physicist
RF/Microwave Applications Engineer