Automotive Ethernet Conformance Test Software for Cables, Connectors and Harnesses
Next-generation ADAS systems require camera and radar systems with high resolution, which require increased speed and bandwidth. The automotive Ethernet standard enables faster data communication to meet the demands of today’s vehicles and the connected vehicles of the future. However, the channel or link in a system can create a point of failure and as such must be fully tested.
Keysight’s automotive Ethernet conformance channel test solution verifies that information is carried, without loss or cross talk, to its intended destination.
The solution ensures signal quality requirements with conformance testing for the channel, including harness, cables or connectors. The solution is built on functional and multipurpose hardware that can be fully utilized for other tasks and tests when not actively used for automotive Ethernet channel tests.
The AE6900L solution provides a bundle of hardware, software and accessories to help you understand the integrity of your automotive Ethernet channel.
- Channel testing per OPEN Alliance (1000BASE-T1) - TC9 UTP and STP specifications
- OPEN Alliance 100BASE-T1 Definitions for communications channel
- IEEE 802.3bw, 802.3bp and 802.3ch
- Cable, harness and connector testing for automotive Ethernet channels
- Bundles all relevant hardware, software and accessories into one model number
- Software creates a test plan and automatically sets up the network analyzer for each measurement, applies the limit lines
- Accurate and repeatable results with any of three different form factors of Keysight world class vector network analyzers
- The solution runs on a VNA with option TDR, choose benchtop (E5080B), PXI (M980xA series) or USB (P5000A Series). See configuration guidelines available in the datasheet.
- The software requires Keysight PathWave Test Automation software.
24-Port VNA Automotive Ethernet Cable Measurements
A vector network analyzer (VNA) can characterize the impact that the channel has on the signal, making sure that signal integrity is maintained between the transmitter and receiver. Given the cable lengths used in the harsh automotive environment, it’s crucial to look at impedance versus frequency to predict how the channel will perform within the vehicle. In this demonstration, you will see Keysight’s multiple channel measurement solution for automotive Ethernet cables, connectors, switches, or even harnesses.
Extend the Capabilities for Your Automotive Ethernet Channel Testing Solution
- AE6910L Automotive Ethernet Channel Compliance Software
- AE6920T Automotive Ethernet Tx Test Software 10M to 10Gbp
- AE6910T Automotive Ethernet Tx Test Software 10M to 5Gbps
- AE6910R Automotive Ethernet 100 - 1000 Mb Rx Compliance Software
- D9020AUTP High Speed Automotive Protocol Decode / Trigger Software
Explore The Solution
Get a closer look at the products that comprise this solution through 3D models and animation.
Featured Resources for AE6900L Automotive Ethernet Channel Testing Solution
Data Sheets 2022.07.28
Automotive Ethernet Channel Testing
White Papers 2020.03.12
Automotive Ethernet: Enabling the Future of Autonomous Driving
White Papers 2018.11.27
Autonomous Vehicles (AV) Testing
Case Studies 2022.08.25
Putting the Future in Motion with Automotive Ethernet
Case Studies 2018.12.13
Automotive Ethernet Compliance Solution
User Manuals 2021.03.31
AE6910L Automotive Ethernet Channel Compliance Software User Manual
View All Resources
P50xxA Streamline Series USB VNA
M937xA PXIe Vector Network Analyzers
AE6900T Automotive Ethernet Tx Compliance Solution
AE6900R Automotive Ethernet Rx Compliance Solution