The Keysight Photonic Application Suite (PAS) software tools automate optical measurements and analysis and determine the wavelength and polarization dependence of fiber optic network components. The PAS Version 3 software adds support for the new N77xxC generation of instruments, adopts a new 64-bit implementation and introduces the new Lambda Scan (LS) measurement package for enhanced performance and more flexible features.
- Main Package: analyze results in a powerful viewer, save results in viewable format, installs Photonic Applications Package Manager.
- IL Engine: measure insertion loss vs. wavelength with a tunable laser and power meters
- Fast Spectral Loss Engine: calibrate and adjust devices at repetition rates up to 10x faster than the IL engine using N774x power meters
- IL and PDL Engine: measure IL and PDL vs. wavelength using the Keysight N7786B Benchtop Polarization Synthesizer with the advanced single-sweep Mueller method, also for integrated detector devices
- New LS Engine: enhanced and extended functionality for lambda scans without polarization control or with the Keysight N7786C Polarization Synthesizer or Keysight N7788C Optical Component Analyzer. Supports switching of multiple lasers for extended wavelength range and use of B2900-series SMU for photocurrent detection. New with version 3.1, the LS engine also supports the Keysight M9601A PXIe Precision SMU, which provides a floating electrical input, valuable for chip and wafer-level test, while also supporting the faster sampling speeds and high number of samples that the optical power meters provide.
- The measurement engines can be automated in your application with the COM programming interface
- Polarization Navigator: use N778xB polarization analysis and control instruments
- Drivers, firmware, documents, N77xx Viewer: keep equipment and guides up to date
- N7700100C Polarization Lambda Scan (PLS) for polarization dependent measurements using the LS or IL/PDL engine
- N7700101C DWDM Channel Analysis (DWDM) for determining specified component parameters from the spectral measurements
- N7700102C Fast Lambda Scan (FLS) for wavelength dependent measurements using the FSIL or LS engine
- N7700103C Polarization Mode Dispersion (PMD) for measuring DGD, PMD PDL and IL with the N7788C, one or more tunable lasers, and the LS engine
Existing N7700A licenses can be upgraded for the Version 3 software.
The swept-wavelength measurement engines now support the new tunable lasers, power meters, and polarization synthesizer: Keysight N7776C, N7778C, N7744C, N7745C, N7786C, N7788C as well as the modular lasers Keysight 81606A, 81607A, 81608A and 81602A.
The new N77xxC instruments enable faster data transfer and power meter range-switching for extending the dynamic range in the FSIL engine and polarization measurements with the LS Engine.
With the LS support of the new M9601A PXI SMU module, higher sampling rates and more data points are also available for measuring optical-to-electrical devices with integrated photodiodes, while providing flexible biasing and electrically floating connections. It addresses the increasing use of the PAS solutions for parametric testing of photonic integrated circuits at the chip and wafer stage.
It’s easy to try out. Start by downloading and installing the small setup program for the Package Manager, which will support installation of the desired software packages. You can also request evaluation licenses if needed.
For easy installation on computers or instruments without internet access, please see the FAQ in the Technical Support section.
Interested in a N7700100C?
Technical Overviews 2021.04.19
Photonic Application Suite: Lambda Scan Software for Tunable Laser Systems
Application Notes 2017.11.30
Measure Polarization Dependent Loss of Optical Components
Application Notes 2014.07.30
Swept-wavelength Measurement of IL and PDL
Application Notes 2017.11.30
Continuous-Sweep Tunable Laser Programming
Application Notes 2021.06.15
CWDM and LWDM Components Wavelength and Polarization Test
Application Notes 2018.08.29
Wafer and Chip-Level Optical Test
Application Notes 2018.10.09
Calibrating Optical Paths in Spectral Test Stations using the N7700A IL/PDL Software Engine
Help Files 2005.01.17
E1968A/E6701D/E6704A CHM Help File for Rev. A.04/D.01