Confirm Your Country or Area
- Canada (English)
- Canada (Français)
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Hong Kong
- Switzerland (French)
- Switzerland (German)
Confirm your country or area to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Vector Signal Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers + Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers + Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers + Multichannel Data Acquisition Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Dynamic Signal Analyzers, Materials Measurement
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter + Device Analyzers, Curve Tracer
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Design + Test Software
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test
- Network Security + Visibility
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Success Stories
The increasing demand for reliable, low cost, high power density electronics is driving up the edge speed (di/dt) of switched mode power supplies. In this high di/dt era, layout parasitics become increasingly troublesome. Traditional design techniques are no longer adequate. A new methodology that combines the effects of the layout artwork with the lumped components is necessary.
At Keysight we are the experts in accounting for layout parasitics because our EDA tools integrate Electromagnetic (EM) field solvers with circuit simulators. PE customers use our tools to see the effect of “good” and “bad” layouts on the device stress, conversion efficiency, Electromagnetic Interference and compatibility (EMI/EMC), etc. without having to “solder and see”, building and testing multiple costly and time-consuming prototypes.
In these complimentary seminars you will learn about a complete design flow that addresses the following challenges:
- Gaining insight on important performance metrics such as efficiency and reliability of your design.
- Pinpointing and fixing root causes of surge voltage overstress from layout parasitics.
- Modelling EMI/EMC in a “virtual chamber”.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Designers working on switched mode power supplies, power converters, and other power electronic implementations.
09:15 – Registration
09:45 – Welcome
09:55 – Design Flow of Wide Bandgap Semiconductor Power Electronics Modules
10:40 – Break
10:55 – Controlling Parasitic Effects of the PCB Layout
11:55 – Lunch
12:55 – Understanding and Controlling EMI
13:55 – Optimizing Closed Loop Performance
14:55 – Power Device and Component Evaluation (Measurements)
15:55 – Wrap-up
16:10 – Demonstrations
Colin Warwick, Product Manager, Keysight Technologies
Colin is a product manager for power electronics where his focus is on design and analysis tools for engineers building high di/dt switched-mode power supplies. Before joining Keysight, Colin was with Royal Signals and Radar Establishment in Malvern, England; Bell Labs in Holmdel, NJ; and The MathWorks in Natick, MA. He completed his bachelor, masters, and doctorate degrees in physics at the University of Oxford, England. He has published over 50 technical articles and holds thirteen patents.