Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel Data Acquisition Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test
- Network Security + Visibility
- Additional Products
- KeysightCare Service and Support
- KeysightAccess Service
- Calibration Services
- Repair Services
- Technology Refresh Services
- Test as a Service (TaaS)
- Test Asset Management and Optimization
- Network/Security Services
- Consulting Services
- Financial Services
- Education Services
- Keysight Support Portal
- Used Equipment
- All Services
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Success Stories
- Software Details
- Software Details
How to Download
1. Connect the multimeter to your PC via the U1173A IR-USB connectivity cable and turn on the multimeter.
2. Go to Start > All Programs > Agilent > Agilent U1271A_U1272A Firmware Update > Agilent U1271A_U1272A Firmware Update (Version 2.04).
3. Click “Auto Search COM Port” button to search and detect the unit. The model number, serial number and current firmware version of the multimeter will be displayed in the “Model Number”, "Serial Number" and "Current Version" field.
5. Make sure the instrument is in connected status before you start firmware update. Click “Upload Firmware” to start firmware update.
6. The multimeter will reset and recover itself after the firmware update.
How to Install
Installing the software:
1. Unzip the zip file to a folder.
2. Go to folder PL2303_XPVistaWin7_Driver, click on the “PL2303_XPVistaWin7Driver. Exe” to install the U1173A IR-USB cable driver.
3. Double click the Setup.exe file to install the program.
Uninstalling the software:
1. Go to Start > Control Panel, then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
2. In the Currently installed programs window, select the program that you want to remove, then click Remove.
- Does Not Require a License
Installs on: Instrument
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
System Requirements: Intel Pentium 4, 1GHz or equivalent, 512MB RAM, 1GB HDD free space
Required accessory: U1173A IR-USB Connectivity Cable
Ensure that the battery level is at least 1 bar before performing the firmware update.
Do not detach the unit or interrupt the upgrade process while it is ongoing. It may cause the unit to hang or malfunction.