We are proud to announce the availability of Keysight’s first Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) report, which underscores Keysight's recent progress in fostering greater representation in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields, building a diverse workforce, and advancing equity at all stages of the career journey.
In 2021, Keysight announced goals to increase internal and external transparency around DEI progress, set and track efforts to improve female and minority representation at all levels, and continued to build and foster an equitable and inclusive workplace.
So, how did we do?
In the report, the narrative details Keysight's commitment to DEI in several categories, includes photos and quotes from employees, provides leadership perspectives, and illustrates progress made against key diversity, equity, and inclusion metrics, as well as areas where more focus is needed to make a positive impact.
DEI Progress Across Four Key Areas
In a thorough look across the business, we identified several programs that are showing promise and progress in achieving our goals:
Keysight advances STEM
- Sponsored educational programs, community partnerships, and employee-led initiatives that increased access to STEM education for 145,000+ students, which built confidence and created a stronger sense of belonging.
- Recognition from U.S. Black Engineer Magazine in its 2021 Top Supporters of Historically Black Colleges and Universities Engineering List.
- Co-launched Women in Quantum (WIQ) mentoring program which connected 180 women with mentors, delivering 1,000 hours of mentoring in the first six months of the year alone.
Keysight assembles diverse teams
- In the US, 46.4% of new hires were underrepresented minorities, exceeding the goal of 45%.
- Hired more than 350 interns worldwide, of which 112 were women.
- A .97:1 pay ratio for women and men globally, and constantly improved benefits to support a diverse global workforce.
Keysight fosters inclusion
- Won worldwide recognition as an exceptional, inclusive workplace and employer of choice.
- Launched two development programs for managers and teams across the company to upskill and make hiring practices more inclusive.
- Engaged employees and build community through employee network groups, which expanded by 50%.
Keysight creates a place to thrive
- Established a global DEI Council comprised of 20 members responsible for creating plans and programs within their own spheres of influence.
- Women and underrepresented minorities comprised 40% of the board.
- Increases in women in executive roles globally.
- In the US, increased underrepresented minorities in executive and leadership positions.
- Employees dedicated more than 5,500 hours to mentoring.
Dedication to Engineering Equality
At Keysight, we view progress in our diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy as an essential indicator of how we’re delivering on the corporate mission of accelerating innovation to connect and secure the world. Looking forward, we’ll continue investing in achieving our DEI goals and delivering on its commitment to engineering equality, while fostering an equitable and inclusive work environment.
Read the companion report, Keysight’s 2021 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report