Bestätigen Sie Ihr Land oder Gebiet
Bestätigen Sie Ihr Land, damit Sie die für Sie zutreffenden Informationen über Preise, Sonderangebote, Veranstaltungen und Kontaktdaten erhalten.
Produkte & Service
Oszilloskope & Analysatoren
- Spektrumanalysatoren (Signalanalysatoren)
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Noise Figure Analyzers + Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel Data Acquisition Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Signalgeneratoren, Quellen & Stromversorgung
- Mobilfunk und andere Wireless-Technologien
- Modulare Messgeräte
- Network Security + Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oszilloskope & Analysatoren
How to Easily Create an Arbitrary Waveform Without Programming
Arbitrary waveform (ARB) design and use have had limited flexibility until recently. To change a waveform, you had to generate a new signal. While you might have been able to change one or two points by hand, changing large parts of the waveform required a redesign.
Creating arbitrary waveforms on a modern function generator or arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) is not as difficult as you might think. Many engineers try to avoid creating arb waveforms at all costs. When they hear the word “arb“, they picture the tedious process of learning how to use some type of waveform software or, worse yet, having to write a program to generate a waveform and then remotely connecting to your AWG to upload the arb. With modern AWGs, creating an arbitrary waveform no longer has to be looked upon with doom and gloom.
This application note covers how to create an arb from scratch using Excel and then transfer it to an AWG and to capture a waveform from an oscilloscope and then transfer it to an AWG.
Learn how to create arbitrary waveforms using the two examples described in this white paper and avoid having to write a program to generate them.